Can someone help me?

As i posted yesterday, my dad's feet are swelling quite badly. Yesterday he said it felt like pins and needles, today like frostbite. His toes are now blue. He came home from the hospice for a few hours, but just can't walk anymore. He collasped twice before making it into his bedroom at home. He decided to go back to the hospice saying it would be better. Has anyone experienced the swelling of the feet or know anyone who has? If so is there anything we can do and what is most likely going to happen next if it contiues? I know they sometimes amputate extremidies if you lose circulation, but what do they do if your in hospice?

Lillie--I am so sorry you are going through this. My Mom's legs and feet were very swollen but it was from congested heart failure. She wouldn't prop them up either because she couldn't get comfortable. We did finally get some pressure stockings on her and they helped push the fluid up higher. Has anyone suggested those?? I actually had to have the physical therapist help me get them on her.

Leslie

Have you talked to Hospice? Those are the people that should be guiding you.

I agree with it being congestive heart failure. This is common in the late stages of our cancer journey and it can cause feet and hands to swell. My mom's feet turned blue, but she was in a coma hours before she passed on. She too died from congestive heart failure due to lung cancer they stated on her death certificate.

Please talk to Hospice. God Bless you and your dad.

Lillie, My heart just breaks reading your post. My husband's feet swelled like that the week before he left us. He would try to elevate, too, but he couldn't get comfortable. When hospice came out here and he got the hospital bed, the swelling went down and his feet were normal sized. Talk to your nurses, they know the things you want to ask and have the answers, the truth, for you. My heart to yours tonight.

Barb