Lung Cancer made the TODAYS SHOW

Connie B

Thanks so much, Connie. I knew it was going to be on and unfortunately missed it. John is an incredible spokesperson for us all, isn't he? And there are many more just like him working hard to get the word out. Kudos to Matt Lauer whose own father died of lung cancer, by the way.

Once again this year I contacted local TV and newspapers to cover Lung Cancer Awareness Month and again received no reply. Both covered breast cancer extensively, not only last month BUT just last week as well. So easy to become discouraged.

Kasey

The Feedback link at the bottom of the video window only sets up an email to report on issues with the video player. But if you go to the main Today page...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

...and scroll down to the bottom, in the left column there's an email link to...

today@nbc.com

...which might be the best we can do. I didn't see a place to leave online comments that would be accessible to others on the web. I imagine the volume would be overwhelming.

Ned

"ginnyde"]If we could just play that tape once a day on each of the major TV stations, maybe, just maybe, funding may increase.

Isn't that the Truth Ginny. My friend here sent a letter to Ellen (The Ellen Show) about it being lung cancer awareness month. She did so because for the month of Oct., Ellen had a Dunk Tank and they would Dunk people and donate the money to Breast Cancer Organizations. So, my friend Mel who is a Small Cell Survivor thought she would see if Ellen would be so kind as to do it for November Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Well, long story short, she never heard a word and Ellen is doing it this month for Feed the Kids or something like that. But, your so right Ginny. Maybe one day, maybe one day!

I saw that dunk tank several days. Sure puts a damper on enthusiasm when we can get a big fat NOTHING for our cause. I'm still 'holding my limited breath' waiting to hear from the local TV station and newspaper about my emails concerning them covering breast cancer during November. I'm sure I'll be waiting a long time. Sigh.

Kasey

(((((((((((((Kasey)))))))))))))))) Yep, I'm with you Kasey, lets NOT hold our breath. OY!

It's sad and it's depressing. My friend Mel said she feels so let down. Frustration sets in.

But she knew it would be this way. She's a 8 year survivor and she's been down this road many times before. We just have to HOPE someone will hold a door open and keep it open.

I sent emails to Ellen and Oprah as well and mentioned I am a member here. Just maybe a miracle will happen and someone public will approach. I also know that Richie Sambora who is a guitarist for Bon Jovi - his father had lung cancer. Not sure going about how to contact him maybe a publicist or something.

Marci