New to this site

Wennot

I am a 54 year old woman diagnosed with nsclc 3B in March 2008. Had a VATS lobectomy (URL) on March 12, 2008. Had 4 rounds of cisplatin/taxotere which ended in June 2008. Scans in September and again scans in January, so far, am so fortunate to have NED.

I am particularly interested in organic, plant based diet, supplementation, anti-stress techniques, and most importantly increasing awareness of the prevailing bias against lung cancer victims and the lack of research funding for the nation's #2 killer.

Hello Wennot and welcome to the family!

I am sorry you had reason to find a site like this but glad you have joined us!

Congratulations on your NED status! Your story is inspiring and I am glad you are here to share it!

Please check out the Alternative Treatment forum as well as all of the others as there is a great deal of excellent information to be found!

Warmly

Christine

Welcome Wennot. Wow, it is so good to hear about your successful treatments. And even better that you are proactively looking at ways to prevent reoccurrence. Unfortunately there is a need to stay ever so vigilant with this disease. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and continued best wishes.

Sandra

Hi Wennot

Just wanted to welcome you to this great site. I had VATS lobectomy ( ULL ) in Sept. 2007 followed by 4 rounds of Cisplatin/Vinerolbine. Like you I have been very fortunate in having NED results since. Please keep us posted on you progress and research.

Welcome to our "family" of survivors. Glad you found us. Sounds like we love all your ambitions-especially awareness and lack of funding for lung cancer research! It goes without saying that all of us have been stressed out with this diagnosis and this needs addressing also. Most of us have had some depression.

Soon you will be celebrating 1 year of survival, I wish you many more. Keep us posted. Look around much is posted here on what many of us have done attempting to increase lung cancer awareness and raise money.

Donna G

Congratulations on your survivor status. There are others here who are experienced in the advocacy issues you mention. I'm sure they'll come in with replies. I have just started email correspondence with someone with a master's degree in nutrition and I will be sharing anything she offers on the Healthy Living/Nutrition forum.

Keep posting and let us know about your efforts. I'm going now to check out your other Advocacy post.

Judy in Key West

Welcome, Wennot! My story is similar to yours. I had an upper left lobectomy December 20th, 2007, and three rounds of chemo afterwards.

I had already started to make healthier lifestyle changes, and am also trying to help my long term health from that angle.

There are lots of way to advocate for lung cancer. I even got to be a survivor speaker at a fund raising event our own Katie hosted!

Thanks so much for your warm and caring welcome! It sure made me feel at home. Although having lung cancer puts us in a tough place, at least we can be there in good company! Sure do appreciate your kindness and compassion. For those who haven't seen it, I have a post under advocacy regarding casting votes for increased lung cancer research funding on President- elect Obama's change.gov website. Check it out if you can. Also, I noticed that several the members here have a chronological list of their diagnosis, tests, treatments, etc. - is that something I should have done on my profile? Is there a format or is it just free form? Thanks!

Hello Wennot

Thanks so much for providing that link in the advocacy forum. Stephanie is an amazing lady and I am so glad you shared this here!!

As for your profile, yes it would be very beneficial for you to fill in your time line with dx and treatments etc. It gives us a better idea of where you are now vs where you have been!

Simply click on the profile link at the top of the page and you can fill in all of the relevant information in the spaces provided.

Again, many thanks for joining us!

Christine