My mom

kellyb66

I posted on here about 2 weeks ago that we just found out that my mom had lung cancer, which spread to her liver real quick. She came home from the hospital last Thursday and Hospice was prepared to come in. I decided Thursday morning that I would go ahead and go to AR from NC. My husband was going to drive me there and I would stay for as long as I needed. We got up Friday morning and we got to Winston-Salem and my grandma called and said she had just passed away. I was relieved that it had happened that way because I really didn't want to see her so sick, but of course you want to hold them, love them, etc. The last time I talked to her was on Wednesday of last week. We always told each other we loved each other. I am happy that she is not in any pain and she went very quickly. She just quit breathing.

Thank you to the ones that responded to my post. I will continue to read your posts and pray for ALL of you. God Bless each of you.

Kelly Brantley

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mother's passing, Kelly. Lung cancer is an awful disease and some people do go very quickly, mainly because it is discovered so late. She is at peace now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.