annoying commercials

beatlemike

Are there any television commercials that get under your skin? I know compared to some of the other things going on that a commercial is pretty petty to complain about. The one that annoys me the most is the one for Kaplan college(formerly Hamilton college) where the young girl is complaining about her job. I hate my job because I dont make enough money,I dont make enough money because I cant go to school.I cant go to school because I dont make enough money. I swear they show that damn commercial 10 times a day at least! Wow.Im glad I got that off my chest!

The one that annoys me most is for a local car dealer. It features the owner and his daughter - about 5 or 6. I dislike all car ads and most others that run more than 30 sec. Also hate the ones with a 57 - 60 sec. explanation (required by the FDA) of all the things the product won't do for you and all of the risks associated with using the product.

Muriel

All of the above and one more variety. Dumb commercials or commercials that talk like they think we're dumb. Currently, it's the one that keeps asking why buy a car compared to Camry when you can buy a Camry. Duh--you think maybe cost is a factor? The "like Camry" is affordable and the real deal isn't??

I am up late most evenings and the ads I don't like are the ones for the "young adult" phone lines. The ones that have the gorgeous girls on the commercials.... like those are the ones you are going to get when you phone in...yeah right! They are somewhat amusing though I guess....I wonder how many people actually phone in!

I would have to say, "Smilin' Bob" and any other product that involves enlarging a "certain part of a man's anatomy" really get to me - more so than the laughable beautiful young women/asian girls/hotties that are dying for me to call them in the wee hours of the morning...

All of the above -- plus the series of some male 'enhancement' product that always ends with a man and a woman in separate bathtubs somewheres outdoors. Is this supposed to be romantic? I find it hilarious.

If I may add my current *favorite* commercial, it's the one for a drug that makes you stop having to urinate frequently -- it has pastel-colored balloons as people, dancing around at their high school reunion. I love the idea, the imagery, and the music, and the reunion content is certainly targeting the right age group (for the product).

Interestingly (or not), for ALL of these, I have no recollection of which product is being advertised!

Ellen