Dad's Obituary....

Caren

Obituary

JOHNSON, Thomas David. 22nd May. Peacefully. Thomas Davey, aged 69 years of Aycliffe Village. A fine Dad, Grandad, Brother and friend. Funeral Wednesday 3rd June. Would friends please meet at 2.45pm for Service at St Andrew's Church prior to Cremation at Darlington.[/i]

Thank you all so much!

As some of you know arranging and attending the final goodbye to one of your parent's is probably the hardest thing that we can face in life.

I am lucky enough to have a wonderful support network, in real-life as well as on-line, who have helped me tremendously.

A great family friend who has known our family for almost all of my life traveled over 200 miles to be here and support me, Harry and the children.

When I couldn't find the strength to walk outside of the house and meet the cortege yesterday it was Elaine who helped me take those steps, it was her who sat between two of my children while I held the youngest and my husband throughout the service and it's her who is here with us today.

I could never thank her enough for doing that for us.

My eldest daughter, who is almost 14, wrote a tribute that she really wanted to read out during the service, but she was crying so much that she couldn't bring herself to stand. The Reverend took the tribute and read it out. It was lovely, but heartbreaking to hear the love that she has for her Grandad and the pain that she is suffering at his loss.

It is just so hard.....