Wednesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! What a wonderful Air on Tuesday. So good to see so many friends onboard. I didn't get to read until this morning. I had my cancer group last night and three of us went out to dinner after. Unfortunately, we found out at group that one of our members is in hospice after returning from a hospitalization in Miami. She had melanoma some time ago and has been suffering from undiagnosed problems (cancers in varrious places it appears now) for about eighteen months. But one member was really shaken because she'd seen her at the grocery store little more than a week ago. It's sad.

I'm headed for the dentist this morning to have a broken tooth and filling fixed. The thought crossed my mind that going to the dentist suggests I think I'm going to live LOL. I have tentative plans to get chemo in NJ Sept 14 pending the outcome of my scans next week. The people there have been wonderful (on the phone). I'm getting next to nowhere with the Cancer Center in KW and am over a barrel still about my Oct 5 infusion. I actually laid in bed last night and thought if my scans don't show at least "stable" and they want to change my chemo, I might just decide to wait to make any decision about treatment until after my trip. It's getting too stressful. The Oct one is too far ahead to stay on the mainland and wait for it and too close to come back to KW and return to Orlando. A lot was riding on getting things set up here.

I can't respond to posts now as I'm on the way to the dentist. Ned, I'll be thinking of you and crossing my fingers for a good outcome. My new memory modules came late yesterday and I think I'll wait for another day when you're not tied up--may need tech help LOL.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Mornin All It's definitely been a while since I came to air.

Good luck with the dentist Judy I will be praying that you get great scans as well.

It has been some crazy times here. Tom got his stellar report. Vivienne has a ragioing infection from her LEEP. Mylers has become a screamer and crys a lot. Jayla will be going in the hospital on Monday for and inpatient 24-48 hours EEG to reevaluate her epilepsy. After 2 1/2 years of treatment they are now saying that is not sure what she has as her seizures are pretty non specific. :roll:

Last but not least I found my new sister on facebook last night. We are now facebook friends. Facebook is very new to me and I am still trying to figure it all out.

Well off to work I go. Have a great day all.

Denise

Another very hot and humid day here on Florida's Space Coast. There's no rain yet but we are supposed to get very heavy rains all afternoon that will last until about midnight, as a result from Ana. I'm just so glad that Bill is staying on track and is still expected to turn, as that is one heck of a storm. The last think we need here is another hurricane. A lot of people are still trying to get their homes back in order after Francis and Jeanne in 2004. Many people had no insurance and have just had to repair things a little at a time.

I'm taking my son to the ortho today to hopefully get the pins out of his hand. We thought they were coming out 3 weeks ago but the healing had not progressed as the doctor had anticipated, so he left them in for an additional 3 weeks. He has been more patient with this than I ever anticipated. Wearing a cast in this heat would have already driven me crazier than I already am.

Good luck at the dentist, Judy. Making an appointment with the dentist is something I have been putting off for a while now, as I am petrified of even the thought of seeing a dentist!!!

Denise...hope you get some new information from the EEG. Epilepsy can be a very difficult thing to diagnose. Also, congrats on finding your sister. I'm adopted and I can relate to your excitement. And yes, Facebook is great. I just found my best friend from over 40 years ago on Facebook and we are having a ball!!!

Good morning!

Judy I hate that you are having problems with your treatment set ups. Some of those places act like they don't have hearts. Hope your scans all go well and it won't become a major issue.

Ann it is supposed to be 110 here today and that means it will probably be 112 or more :!: Still I will take it any day to 90 degrees and 80% humidity. Been there done that and yuk yuk yuk! We may get hotter but our humidity is running about 10% or less right now. Our heat index is actuallly about 5 degrees lower than the actual temperature.

My day started early today. I was awake by 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up at 5am. After having coffee I took Misty out for a few minutes(she doesn't walk with me anymore, She is about 17 now). I came in had breakfast and then sat outside in the cooler morning air until my two neighbors showed up. We took off walking up the hill and decided to keep going. About half the walk is straight UP hill and then it gradually gets less steep. Last half is down hill. Whole walk took about 20 minutes and it is a mile and a half. It has been a while sense I went that far.

I guess I will have to take the time and Join Facebook too. I have had requests from several of my friends. I already have MySpace and spend time on that witlh my kids and gradkids. I just hate to ge too caught up in something else because of the time envolved but I have some school friends I would love to find and know what has happened to them and others.

I hope you all have a good day. I have to go to our craft meeting in a while. We spend about 2 hours each Wednesday working on projects together and many hours at home. I still haven't taken the time to learn to post pictures or I would show you some of my things in plastic canvas. I have really gotten in to that in this past year at the expense of some of my other sewing and crafts.

Keep cool all.

I hope you'll excuse me for polluting The Air with medical talk, but none of this warrants a separate topic at the moment...

The PFT series was quite interesting, done with a tech who was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. She said a pulmonologist will call me in a few days to go over the results, but I doubt that there will be any major surprises. I could be wrong, but I think my lack of endurance and shortness of breath are primarily, maybe almost exclusively, due to the anemia which has resulted from my 10 (so far) Alimta cycles.

I had another blood test and saw the oncology NP in the afternoon. The RBC/HGB/HCT numbers are still below normal, but not low enough to justify a transfusion (the magic number for that is HGB < 8, and it hasn't gotten below 9.6 so far). We discussed diet and supplements, and I was advised to start a daily multivitamin with iron. At one time I took a multivitamin every day, but I quit a few years ago when I became overwhelmed with pills. That probably wasn't too smart. An iron panel was added to my blood test, and I'll be advised to start significant iron supplementation only if necessary (can be very constipating, they say). Procrit was ruled out for now — too many side effects.

So there you have it. No quick solutions, but I do have a reasonable course of action to pursue. Feeling pretty good today, so think I'll deliver some carbonless forms I printed over the weekend and get some $$ in the bank. Aloha,

Ned

Denise, your bag is certainly mixed--Tom and your new sister contact are the bright spots. Hope the kids and grandkids all get squared away soon.

Ann, sorry you guys are steaming up there. I must admit, I have spent a lot of time indoors in the AC lately. But honestly, the last two days I was out and it really wasn't so bad. My husband agrees and his opinion on temp is more normal than mine LOL. I meant to tell you, I didn't know you'd been under the weather. Glad you're feeling better. Don't look at me to encourage you to go to the dentist. I have one more visit in Oct and dread it. My dentist uses some new (to me) gadget called a rubber dam. It blocks off fluid from going down your throat and she says makes it easier for her to do her job. It is god awful uncomfortable.

Lily your energy just amazes me. I would be hard pressed to walk a mile and a half even if it wasn't uphill. You go girl. As far as weather goes, I know CA is beautiful. But honestly, my body likes the humidity here. I think my maternal family being from Sicily, I'm a true island person. When I go north, my lips are dry and chapped and my skin feels like it's flaking off.

Ned, glad you updated us. And yes, iron is VERY constipating. Just what we need when we are on Alimta! I take a multiple but don't think it has extra iron. I've had anemia problems throughout my life and noticed my RBC is down but my platlets are up. Don't know what that means. I don't have the numbers on hand but like you, they are low but not low enough to call for treatment. I will think about upping the liver and spinach--they are the foods that come to mind that I think contain iron. Lucky for me, I like them both.

O.k., this is the big news--I went from 512 mg of memory in my computer today to 2Gs. It is so exciting. I did it all by myself Ned and didn't even screw anything up! Bad news is, I still hung up going from an email notice of a Lungevity post. I have learned an easier way of getting out though and am hoping I can avoid some frustration with speed.

Have to go rest. We're going to neighbors for dinner tonight and I've already had a big day.

Judy in Key West

HHH again here today. Y'all can just copy that for me the next month or so--LOL!

It has been busy at work today and I'm headed to the grocery store. I've got a lot of fresh basil growing on my patio, so I think I'll make some fresh pesto fettuchini for dinner tonight.

Susan

Congratulations to techie Judy! You also wrote:

I still hung up going from an email notice of a Lungevity post...

I wonder if you have a bunch of "temporary" (TMP) files clogging up the works? Computers often get sluggish when that happens, so I always set them to delete TMP files on every restart. There's a neat (and free) little program called CCleaner that does this and other stuff well. The original name was CrapCleaner, but some sensitive soul must have objected, and the name was changed. Anyway, check it out:

www.ccleaner.com

Ned

"recce101"]Congratulations to techie Judy! You also wrote:
I still hung up going from an email notice of a Lungevity post...

I wonder if you have a bunch of "temporary" (TMP) files clogging up the works? Computers often get sluggish when that happens, so I always set them to delete TMP files on every restart. There's a neat (and free) little program called CCleaner that does this and other stuff well. The original name was CrapCleaner, but some sensitive soul must have objected, and the name was changed. Anyway, check it out:

www.ccleaner.com

Ned

Woe Ned! I just downloaded that and cleared up 75MB of space! Thanks!

Ned, that's funny. I downloaded the CCleaner some time ago but think I only used it once. Somewhere I heard those things were not of much use. I do delete my temp files manually frequently, same with history of visited sites and occasionally cookies. I hate deleting the cookies because it means I have to sign on frequented websites again and I'm good at forgetting passwords LOL. I also compress and defrag. Don't know what else to do but no hang ups tonight, thank goodness. I'll do the cleaner again though just to see.

Judy in Key West

Jumping in here after dinner. Hot today (8 pm and still 85!) I think we may walk to the ice cream store in a little bit. Locally made and interesting flavors including Ube (Ned will know that one), blueberry lavender, and coconut chocolate curry (really good!) We had grilled wild king salmon and roasted farmer's market and home grown vegetables for dinner. The best.

Well same as ts. Hot here today! Of course we aren't to far from each other. :D But I did not have as good or as healthy of a dinner as she did.

I had Churchs spicy chicken with cucumbers and tomatoes out of the garden. OMG the chicken was good but sooooo bad for us.

Long day went to take my kids to the lake we get there and it was closed down because of E. Coli so we did the sprinklers at the same park and of course there was a bratty kid who threw a glass bottle right in the middle of the sprinkler things and then we decided it was time to leave :cry:

So my kids weren't happy!

Good night all!