Did this one on my own

Nick C

So my mom was in realestate, particularly title inssurance, but she had also been paralegal and a notary and so when I closed on my first two properties, she was there making sure everyhting went OK.

Today was my first closing without Mom. Strange, because this was her thing. I went to closing today and used her pen (blue because you sign everything in blue to show it's original). I had her planner and her keys with me (I actually have it in my work bag and have had it with me every day for the past 3 1/2 years).

I got through it.

But I felt a little empty without her to celebrate with. My first condo I closed and went to work in the afternoon. When I arrived to at my desk there was Champagne and balloons to celebrate my first home purchase and she was there to take pics when we moved. House 2, she brought us lunch when we were moving and took pics. It won't be that way this time.

BUT here is the good part. We've been trying to tell Sophie that we'll be moving to a new house (get her used to the idea) and out of nowhere Sophie said "It'll be Grammy's house". Yep, Sophie...she'll be with us there too.

Yes, you did it Nick. I've watched you grieve your mother and envied the relationship you had/have with her. I so admire the way you have kept her alive in Sophie's world. But I most admire the manner in which you wife has shared you over the years with your Mom. The reationship could not have endured without your spouse's support.

Judy in KW