Thursday's Air

Annette

Just to get it started I'll drop a few lines - I just got my FB mail and Judy (KW) is somehow locked out of the Lungevity site and asked that I let everyone know she is working on it with Katie. Come on Katie - you can do it!

We are supposed to warm up to about 40 today - but I can with all authority of someone who has seen it up close tell you that it is still freezing outside!

I am feeling better cold wise this morning but not so much body-wise. I usually let my car heat up and melt the ice on its own - no sense in rushing to work! Today I said "Self - let's go" so I got out and started scraping ice. As I moved to the front window ..... slip splat fell on my frontal body parts and left wrist / arm / elbow. Only the wrist and elbow are still hurting so I'm thinking the mostly wounded part was my pride. I am gonna go get the golf shoes - yep - I will not slip again. (I slipped and hit my right side two years ago - guess someone felt a little evening up was needed.)

Anyway - I'm getting busy at work now - and I look forward to seeing everyone's post as the day progresses - please stay safe if ice is in your vicinity!

Annette

We are having a heat wave here in Minnesota! It is 22 degrees F this mornng, wow! More good news yesterdays snow did not amount to more than just a puff, no shoveling today!

Sorry for all you on the east coast and my family up in Massachusetts, boy you guys are getting hit bad!

Hope all have a good day and stay comfortable.

Donna G

Morning Annette & Donna & everyone that will follow!!!

Katie - I hope Judy can come out and play - thanks for working on unlocking that gate for the poor girl!

Yes Annette, that ice is something isn't it. Yesterday we had freezing rain on top of the snow and that made for some interesting driving and walking. It still amazes me how many people don't drive for the conditions though - so many senseless accidents. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly (well, except the pride thing) and that your cold is finally going away! We are supposed to get back to our regular (cold) temperatures this weekend and to be honest, I am glad. This warming up to the point that you get rain instead of snow is not the best for driving or walking.

Donna - enjoy your day off from shovelling. If you are ever missing that chore I could keep you very busy here?!?!?

Have a good and safe day everyone.

Linda

Good morning, everyone!

It was 30 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 65.

Bud, 27 in the am and 61 in the afternoon! No, no weather issues except pretty extreme swings in temps lol.

Judy, yes we have some big temperature swings here, but what I meant by the no weather issues remark was that it was dry, no snow or ice like so many people are having right now.

Annette, I hope no bruises show up later. Have a great day, all!

I am feeling a little bit battered now - several hours later my back is hurting a bit - I'm betting the heating pad will be in use tonight. Thankfully I drove to work and took a dose of Nyquil (so noted Judy - so I will be past the dose come time to leave this evening) and it should help the pain as well. I just had to check back in and comment on our dear friend Eric's post last night. He pops in so late - well I'm crashing earlier since I'm trying to "rest & recuperate".

Eric - I will not admit to laughing out loud when I read your post. And I will not, absolutely positively will not admit to resembling in any way shape or form Rudolph. But, if you could read my mind and between the lines as they say - here let my nose guide your way. Although today I can even touch it without crying so I am definitely on the mend - maybe down to Rudy instead of Rudolph. {Smiles}

Annette

Morning All! Yippeee, thanks Katie, I finally got in. Tried again after your last message and no go so I just walked away and started assembling my tax prep package. When I came back, I deleted all cookies etc again and popped in. What a relief.

Can't believe how frustrating it was not to put my two cents in since yesterday morning. Of course I can remember any of it now. Oh yes, one thing I do remember, Eric we had that kind of MOT thing in NJ when I lived there. I don't know what it's like now but back in the 70s the line for inspection stretch a mile or so. And if you didn't pass, you had to get whatever fixed and get in line again!

Annette, you poor thing. You can't seem to win for losing these days. The cold starts to get better and you fall. Good the pain reliever in the Nyquil wll do double-duty. Donna, we have lots of family and friends on the east coast but you deserve a break. They've had a rough winter but nothing like you guys. Linda, obviously you got your son successfully to school. Seeing all the idiots who can't drive in the weather makes you a little nervous doesn't it. My mantra now (and we don't have snow) is drive defensively. Lots of crazy drivers there in all kinds of weather. You should see them in Miami in heavy rains. Bud, that's warm compared to some of the temps you've biked in this month. I'm doing my exercise today but you know I'll be warm.

Have a great day everyone. Off to the accountant. Will probably run errands while in town so might see you again tonight.

Judy in KW

Morning all! I sit here, at my kitchen table, lap top engaged, looking out at a beautiful winter wonderland. I should take a picture and send it along. I have about 7 bird feeders on my little deck. Some have suet in them for the woodpeckers. Some have thistle, and others have sunflower seeds. Right now there are two gorgeous woodpeckers doing their thing. One is very small, and black and white. The other is a big boy with a bright red head and black and white body. There are 3 large blue jays on the floor of the deck, cleaning up the seeds. And there are a countless number of bright red Daddy cardinals and brownish red Mommy cardinals perched in the trees, and in feeders. What a sight. So awesome.

It's 30 here. Forecast is mid 20's to 30 for the next week, so that means snow, snow and more snow. It's so beautiful, that I can't complain. It makes getting around a challenge, but our state does a good job of keeping the roads plowed, so we just slow it down a bit and we get where we need to go.

KW Judy, I had that happen to me a while ago, just could not get on the site? And then I could. Don't know what was up with that, but good to see you back!

Eric, our bigger cities do have something like that MOT dealie. Pollution is a big deal in the bigger cities, so they do enforce vehicle compliance there.

Annette, ouch! My advice for the sore spots, heat, then ice, each of them 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. I've dealt with a bad back for a long time, and learned that this therapy is quite effective. I found a velcro "belt" that has a pouch for a ice pack, and I put that on, and ice for 20 min., and then wait 20 min. and do the heat. Takes the pain away with no need for pain medications. Heal and get better woman!

Well, I am running late. Was a sot this morning, and slept in again. Anyone have advice on how to get my lazy behind out of bed in the morning. I know, go to sleep earlier. I'm a night person, but I think I will start setting my alarm for early, and force myself to get up, as this is getting ridiculous!

Have a great rest of the day.

Judy in MI

Bud - I envy you your weather and the fact that you ride your bike to work!

Annette - so sorry to hear that you are hurting now. I have heard that Nyquil is a good fix for a lot of things other than just a cold ... I always believed that commercial though "the so you can sleep time medicine" and worried that I would fall asleep in the middle of serving a customer at the bank (which wouldn't have gone over so well :) . Obviously it isn't as strong as I thought if you are still functioning while taking it which is good to know.

Eric - your postings always make me smile - thanks for that. I am so glad that your planned demise didn't happen ... good things our worst thoughts don't always come to fruition.

Judy KW - you are right about handing everything off to the accountant ... my job really is simple. They get the last laugh though by how much they charge me to take on that difficult task of submitting it. I don't know enough of the ins and outs of corporate tax to deal with it myself so I happily pay those who do (ok maybe not happily, but I pay :) )

Judy MI - the picture you paint sounds somewhat like mine of the beauty outside your window. However, the birds don't like to visit us often as we have an outside cat that seems to make them very nervous. I don't have any advice on how to get out of bed, sorry. I used to be a night owl, but when I had kids I totally changed and now I am just like my parents ... earlier to bed and earlier to rise. Wow, I would never have guessed I would turn into my parents but it actually happened!

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Linda

Good afternoon, everyone. I'm just now popping in because my computer at work crashed this morning. I was working on some scheduling issues and a pop-up said the system was infected with a worm and then nothing. We're on a network here at work and everyone was hit. Thank goodness we have an IT guru on staff and he was bale to get things back in motion after a few hours. I absolutely held my breath until we knew that my Quickbooks had been saved. But, for now, all looks well.

Feel better, Annette and glad you got "unlocked" KW Judy. Hi Bud, Jopette, Linda and Donna. Glad to hear that some of you are much warmer today. It's quite cool here today but not freezing.

I'm back! I need to crow a little. My accountant thanked me for being so organized and made me her star client. She always says she wishes they could all be like me. I'm such a conscientious girl lol.

Judy that view out your window sounds lovely. You could send me the birds without the snow. We have cardinals and that red-headed woodpecker but no blue jays. But the view behind my feeders is water lol.

Ann, I cannot imagine what you were going thru waiting to see if QBks was still intact. I'm sure you back up frequently but probably not throughout the day. I've had to reenter things when an old account of mine would hold up my backup disk and I had invoices and/or quotes that needed to get out. Nothing worse than doing things twice.

Linda, I keep wondering why all that bragging about how organized I am doesn't seem to be reflected in the bill for the final work lol. Yes, pay we do.

Did some BDay shopping for Stan. We just watched Julia & Julia and I got him the real Julia Child's cookbook. I also went to Sugar Apple (our health food store) and got coconut oil (because he loves using it and the website where we used to get it requires huge amounts puchased now) and walnut oil because Dr Oz says it is very good for you. Think I have a cooking them going here lol.

Have a good evening everyone and let's all hope poor Annette isn't too sore tonight. BTW, I do the 20 cold and 20 hot too.

Judy in KW

Good afternoon all,

Still a warm up here, 25 degrees right now. Suppose to get a couple of inches of snow tomorrow. Can hardly wait! Annette I sure hope you are ok, it is no fun falling on the ice. I have fallen twice this season; it couldn’t be the 5" heels I am running around in. I also drove through the shed this fall on the mower and backed into a pole around Christmas time, so I win the embarrassment award. LOL.

Judy in Kw glad to here you were able to get on the web site. My computer is moving very slow right now and I feel like throwing it out the window. I am doing a copy just in case this gets lost. I set up my treadmill at home. Now I just have to use it. LOL

Bud glad to here your weather warms up during the day. Eric yes the exercise is good, but the hardest part for me is getting off the chair and getting motivated to do the exercise. So lets's join the "hard to get off the chair club!!"

Linda I am glad to here you made the drive with your son to school safely. Ann also glad to here you were spared with the crazy weather there. Tornadoes are very frightening. Yes Judy in MI, our temperatures mean just what you said “snow and more snow”. My sister lives in New Jersey I am going to call tonight. They got so much snow again.

Have a good evening all, hope I didn’t forget anyone.

Libby