Miya is Free!!!!!!!

Hello All

i have just recieved an email informing me that Miya and the other jackals have been sucsessfully released into a private game reserve on the East Coast of Natal.

Sometimes they have to act quickly when the oportunity of a good release location is found.

A sad time for me as I dont think I will ever see her again but happy that she is free and doing what jackals do naturally.

I have been asked if I will still visit the rehabilitation centre and i will as I enjoy the people and seeing the animals.

i will post a photo of Miya and two other jackals just before they were caught and taken to the game reserve.

Miya is the one at the back and the other two are the boys.

Ronnie

post-41562-141270978879_thumb.jpg

How terrific Ron. I love the pic, the boys look like they are crouching there to protect her. So glad you have friends there at the centre. I'm still trying to get a animals in nature experience here in Key West. It will probably be the birds at the botanical garden and/or the animals at the jail (long story, the inmates care for a wide variety of rescued animals). First I have to stay in one place for longer than a milosecond.

Judy in KW

can understand the sad part but always remember he role you played in the scheme of things! had you not found her she may not have stayed alive to get a second chance!!

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts. I an sure that the jackals and especially Miya the leader who has part of her pack to help her.

I will try and visit the centre this weekend..

Ronnie

Great picture, Ronnie, and I am sure you must be happy that she is now back free and living a wonderful jackal life! I'm so glad you will continuie to visit the sanctuary, I'm sure it will be a

healing place for you. Wish I had one here to visit!

Kind regards from Canada,

Jane