FRIDAY'S AIR

jaminkw

Morning All! There it is in all caps for all our working friends. For me, it's the last day to pack before leaving for our trip tomorrow. We've stretched the prep over a week or more so we should be in good shape. Stan didn't call the boys to help so here's hoping I don't wind up with a sh#tload of stuff still to go

Now the weather. Beautiful here, warm and sunny. Kutztown snowing, temps over the next ten days 40's in pm, 50's during the day. Blossburg will probably be ten degrees low. Am I crazy or what? Only had to pack a few things for warm weather for the week or so we're back in FL visiting the kids and doing my hospital thing.

Going to bed and waking up thinking of our dear friend Ned. Hope the steroids kick in and that is is comfortable and not in pain.

Judy in KW

P.S. Duh, couldn't even come up with an April Fool Joke!

It's a little chilly here today - and I wore a tee shirt to work - (a Final Four VCU Rams Shirt!!!) Gonna be a basketball type of weekend I'm afraid and hopeful.

Does anybody have any experience with what Ned is going through that could give us some reassurance? Cause I'm not liking what I'm hearing and/or not hearing. I think he is in all of our hearts right now - we could just use a little bit of good news.

Anyway - onward to work for me.

Annette

Very cold and dreary here in CT. Snow in spring is our April Fools joke...

Annette, I don't have personal experience with Neds situation but my mom was in the hosp with the same situation given 3 hours to live when things turned around and she came thru it. I am keeping that positive thought for Ned.

Good morning, everyone!

It was 49 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 87.

I was too busy last night to log my final miles for March, so I don't know exactly how many I ended up with, but I think it was a little over 600. It did become the first month that I've ridden to work every single work day. As much as I don't like riding in the rain, that's a testament to what kind of drought we're having.

Yes, Friday is finally here. I'm thinking I'll go fishing tomorrow, and Rose and I are supposed to go out tomorrow night, an early birthday celebration for me. I'm not sure what I'll be doing Sunday.

The Amazon books are on gardening.

I hope you're feeling better and enjoy your trip, KW Judy. I'm keeping positive thoughts for Ned. Welcome to the Air, nikkala. Have a great day, all!

Good Afternoon All,

For something completely different at this moment in time I am sitting at my workdesk,way past close of business,its 5.20pm,everyone's gone home,large empty office,oooh its spooky,what that noise I heard?.Boo!!

Well my work buddy Bill ran me into work this morning,so I could leave my car at home.Our Senior Jannie sorry Campus Attendant has also accepted voluntary severance,and the college has organised a big Fish and Chips party,no Ive never heard of one either,its BYOB and I certainly have,bet you cannot guess?,you did-yes una bottle of the Whyte Mackays best amber nectar,and in support of my American Buddies una case of Budweisers,just in case I get lucky and get to share the company the of the attractive members of the opposite agenda,some bottles of California Light Wines.

I had a class up to 4.45pm and didnt have time to go home,and then return,too much bother.so got to put some time in until the fun and games commence at 7.30pm.So here and facebook will have my attention,thought about doing some marking and internal verification of lecturers marking of student scripts,yeah that was as far as it got.

Thats us on holiday until Tuesday the 19th of April-hooray,you know I will only have 8 work days in April,Good Friday and the Royal Wedding are added to the holiday total.

Bit of bother with my departure date,I had agreed with my Principal that my replacement will have the benefit of my support to help ease them into my job,closing date for Applications was on Wednesday,guess how many applicants? a big fat zero,since Bill and I both SLs and both going,the guys are all concerned the one promotion will have to do the work of two,despite my re-assurances they didnt apply.I am really wanting to pass the reins into a safe pair of hands for the well being of the dept,I discussed the situation with the Depute,his re-action?simple, nobody wants the job? I will bring in an outsider and pay off one of the current staff.

Still got Ned constantly on my mind,infro on his progress is so painfully slow,really hoping that things get turned around.

Judy hope your trip can result in you having some comfortable re-assurance that everything is OK. Wrap up well against these lower temps you mention,mind and build in plenty of fun into the trip also.

Just off to Facebook now for a wee while ,may get back here later,Bye.

Hi,

I am back,nearly 7.00pm.I am getting bored now,still not long to go before the fun starts.

Think I forgot to mention that I was called into a meeting at the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation,it was to review the telephone buddies situation,we have funding up to the end of June and the sponsors are going to look at our performance indicators so far into the trial.Not looking good,think lack of publicity has left us under used,but plans are afoot to raise the profile of the service,there are only 3 telephone buddies in the UK,hoping the scheme can become a success and spread itself into the UK.my friend and sponsor Susan is sadly leaving the organisation to take up a teaching English position in Nepal,she is an angel,always wanting to help the disadvantaed of one type or another,I am so going to miss her,but I wish her well in her new adventure.

I spent most of the day there,had a nice lunch and met up with her replacement,he has a promotional background,knows absolutely nothing about the world of lung cancer,but seems to be a powerhouse of ideas in how to inject a new vigour into improving RC org profile.When he heard about me retiring shortly,he just came right out and asked me if I would come and work for him part time half a week,I would be given my own desk computer and admin support.Mulled it over for at least 3 seconds and said,I will do it for free,he jokingly said I think I have died and gone to heaven,are you sure?so deal done,I have something I can get my teeth into give my life a new purpose.He was really interested in my trip to the US of A.

My daughter is appearing in Odds and Sods this weekend in Kilmarnock,I went to see this over a year ago in the Ramshorn in Glasgow,it was so funny and the casts performances were so professional,when I watch the rubbish currently on TV,I feel so frustrated that am-dram dosnt get a an opertunity to showcase itself I just know the public would love it.Its a bit of a travel to Kilmarnock,probably sold out anyway,but I willtalk to Jennifer to-morrow about going.

Talking about going, the gang is beginning to arrive,no wheres my party hat and Kerry Oot (my package containing the wee drinkies)bye just off to get a sore head through eating fish and chips.

Ok, so a little levity to the April Fools day. I went looking for good pranks and found this one that I thought was hilarious!

Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper

In 1998, fast food giant Burger King posted a full page advertisement in USA Today announcing that they were releasing the "Left-Handed Whopper" for 32 million left handed Americans. The only difference was that the new burger's condiments were rotated at a 180-degrees "...thereby redistributing the weight of the sandwich so that the bulk of the condiments will skew to the left, thereby reducing the amount of lettuce and other toppings from spilling out the right side of the burger." Jim Watkins, senior vice president for marketing at Burger King, was quoted as saying that the new sandwich was the "ultimate 'HAVE IT YOUR WAY' for our left-handed customers

HA!

Eric, bummer about your replacement! But we know no matter who applies, they can't replace you!

Oh, I am writing this and see you posted again! Good stuff about the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.

Bud, enjoy the fishing and the birthday celebration. Happy early birthday! Awesome when we get another of those isn't it?

I second Bud's welcome to Nikkala to the AIR. Please join us, we're a very friendly crew!

Annette, as for your question on the situation with Ned? I do have experience with this. IF they are able to get the swelling down with steroids, he would be able to continue receiving his whole brain radiation (WBR). My Mom had WBR and it extended her life by 9 months. Let's just pray that this happens for him. I did go read his blogs on his home page, and was inspired by his positive attitude and peace about his situation.

Judy, hope all is packed and you are ready to go. Just remember that snow in April is not common, and usually is gone just as fast as it came. USUALLY. LOL

Have a good day.

MI Judy