Thank you for the Support

cathyr

:lol: Hi all,

So much support and love has been sent my way and I have felt it all the way to San Diego.

I am home today from my first go around with chemo. It was a very, very long day - 8 hours. I think the most difficult part was trying to figure out what to do with myself for all that time. I took books along, but you can only read for so long. Fortunately, I had a bed to lay on. The other hard part was the steriod makes me very antsy and I'm already sort of a hyper person so I got up alot to go potty, even if just to walk a little. A week from Tuesday is the next appt. and it's only the Gemzar and not the Cisplatin as well. It should be a lot shorter session.

My family has been marvelous. I couldn't ask for a better place to be during this time. My brother lives right on the Pacific ocean coast and every morning I can peer out and watch the dolphins from his deck. This week, I plan to start meditating and just being kind to myself.

I wanted to let you know how much I care about all of you and how marvelous your response has been to my situation even though most of you are having as difficult a time with this as I am.

Peace, love, and most of all "good health" and a full recovery for us all in ever present in my mind.

Thank you for being such good friends. I don't know what I would do without you all!

Cathy R :):):)

Hi Cathy,

I pray for your successful treatments and I know that meditation will be a wonderful healing tool. It sounds as though you are in the perfect setting for it. Are you receiving your treatments at Gildred Cancer Center? I visit with Dr. Mazuryk every month or so there and maybe could stop in and chat with you while I am there. Don't know if I would be much of a distraction for you, but I could try.

Peace, prayers and blessings,

Margaret

Cathy,

You have a great attitude, and you will do very well.... I know it.

One thing to keep in mind (I too, went thru the cisplatin chemo rounds) is that on day 4ish, you may feel the effects of coming off the steriods. I didn't really put two & two together until after my 2nd treatment. I felt kinda down, and irritable for about a day or two....... If it happens to you, just be aware of what is going on inside you... it makes it easier to know that its physiological....

Also I had a ferocious appetite, and craved some things that I normally do not eat (broasted chicken breasts (3-4 at a time), frosty's from Wendy's, pork chops & mash potatoes, slim jims from Big Boy). It was like I was pregnant :)

Cathy,

As I read your post about viewing the Pacific and basically being in the sun, I have to admit a bit of jealousy....and then, I realize that the snow we have been receiving the last couple of days is JUST the way I order mine! PACKING!! So, go out, build your sand castles and I'll pop a few kids in the head with snowballs (don't have the body heat to build a snowman) and we'll consider it a wash... :roll:

Good to see even a slight change in mental focus from the last post. Helluva way to get a vacation on the coast, though... :wink:

Hang in there, enjoy where you are!

Becky

Hi Cathy, It's very important to be kind to yourself right now. I'm glad you are on the ocean. It is said that the ocean has healing powers. I wouldn't mind being there myself as we are in the middle of a very cold spell here in the northeast. My previous post showed up as a guest but I was thinking of you and wishing you well. Hang in there.

I wanna come watch the dolphins *whine*!!!!!!

Water is soooooo serene and calming - I hope it brings you good karma for fantastic healing!

And I have to agree with one of the previous posts - I'd rather be in a recliner for 8 hours than a bed........do they give you a choice?

Hang in there, you're tough and gonna beat this,

Hugs and prayers,

Sandys