Scan Today & Now The Wait...

Annette

I had my "2 year scan today" - and I only have to wait until Monday to get the results... it won't surprise me if it's not good news with all the upheaval in my personal life right now. I miss being here - but I don't want to air somebody's dirty laundry on here since I think that someone is probably watching for me to say something not politically correct - so I take the high road until my humor comes back...will it.

Take care everyone,

Annette

Well, I for one can tell you that extreme stress does not necessarily mean bad news. My husband and I have been through hell and back in the last 3 years. I was dx 4 years ago. I seriously worried about the stress, but somehow have gone through it and am still cancer free.

So I hope and pray that for you.

Judy in MI

Hang in there Annette, I hope your results are good. I understand completely when you say about not being surprised by much. I too have learned how to accept whatever news comes my way. I hate that waiting part but I have to say, the hospital where I go knows that and updated there whole system so results are same day quick. I wish that for everyone who is made to wait and worry. Stay positive, I know you will.

Well I didn't get any bad news - exactly. But 3 months ago the doctor was going to move me out to 6 month scans and because there was a slight change she wants to keep it at three months. (The change was not even significant - the radiologist said it probably was a slight movement and not remarkable - don't you love that word unremarkable.) Sigh. She did not seem worried - but emotionally it sure would have been good not to worry about that so quickly and I guess she is only thinking of me and wants to keep things as good as they are.

Annette

Annette, I think this is great news and I am very happy for you. I have a friend that was moved to 6 months and she is very ambivalent about it. In some ways she would rather get scanned sooner than later just in case.........

I don't know why you are staying away, but please come back.

Unremarkable is great news - congratulations!!

I think the hardest part of this disease is learning not to worry about every little blip. I agree with Stephanie's friend about the 6 month scans -- I am getting close to that point and not really thrilled about it. I think I will worry more, not less.

Diane

My dear Annette, this is the first time I've gotten to come online in awhile so missed your first post. So glad for the unremarkable. Sorry about the 3-month scan timeperiod. I'm looking forward to getting back to it from my present 9-wk schedule. Listen to your friends though, less anxiety with scans a little closer.

Was thinking about you all day and will call soon.

Judy in KW

Good news Annette...please take it as that because it is. I don't know the source of your stress but try to look at the positive things in life and concentrate on that.

With so much going on in our world today with all this destruction, who knows what tomorrow will bring. We can perish at any time with nothing to do with illnesses.

If you can get that negativity out of your life you, you may find some peace in yourself. I know that is easy to say but we have to take a look at the donut not the hole and know how precious life is when so many negative forces are around us that could effect our life span here on our beautiful Earth.

I am just saying we don't know how long we have, so take one day at a time and when you wake up in the morning, thank G-d for that beautiful day.

Take care and be good to yourself

Maryanne

Hey darling,

I'm with Maryanne. Life is very short. Bad stuff happens. We can't change that. But we can choose our attitude. Even when the worst of things are happening, we have choices as to how we handle . Anger is one choice. But it does not solve anything. It only helps the wound to fester and become more poisonous.

I really care about you. I'm on the 3 month watch list too. But I can not waste a moment worrying about that. I've been on that "watch list" now for the last 9 months. What a waste of time it would be to spend my time worrying when life is out there wanting me to join in and partake of it.

I say this with the kindest of intentions. I hope you take it that way. You are a special person, with amazing talents. You are smart, talented, and more. I can't wait to see you come out of this sadness.

Love,

Judy in MI

Hey Annette, I see that word on some of the radiology reports too. Unremarkable, stable, and so on . The one I prefer is remission. I guess they all mean pretty much the same to me. I've been moved from 3 months to 6 months then back to 3 months , now to 4 months. Every other time, they like to throw in an MRI of the brain. Sometimes I think they just do that to mix in a little more anxiety and fear. I know that's not really true, they are just doing the right things to keep this from doing what it's expected to do. Last time, the report was that it is still there, but not doing anything, no changes. Anyway, you just have to stay positive and keep your eye on the prize.There are always twists and turns in the road, but the destination remains the same. We are all truly the lucky travelers who are still on this ride. Cherish it. Alan