Sorry to see you here

MaryTD777

Hi there, sorry to meet you. You know I only mean because of the common bond we share against our will.

If I did things right when I found this site yesterday, you should see a chunk of my info in my signature. My lc info anyway.

On a happier topic, I am a 48 (for another 8 days anyway LOL) y/o happily married empty nester. Our kids range in age from my youngest at 22 and his oldest at 33.

Since I tried a reply yesterday and it didn't work, I am not going to put much effort into this intro. Have a great weekend! :D

Yes, Mary it is indeed a bond we share against our will :(

Welcome to our board. I hope you've been readying our posts fro many members here. There is a wealth of information and support here so please read and post anytime you wish.

((hugs))

I know what you mean about the sorry to meet you! But, if you have to be involved with lung cancer, this is a good place to find.

I want you to know we have several Pancoast tumor survivors here-and long term survivors at that-they will be along to introduce themselves.

Keep checking in with us-you can get all kinds of support here.

Cindy

Hi Mary.

Welcome to LCSC,sorry to hear about your dx,its always a pleasure in getting to know new arrivals,I look forward to exchanging posts with you.Bye for now.

Hi Mary, sorry to meet you this way. I too had a pancoast tumor. Mine was inoperable because it was into my T1 vertibra and a rib. It got all intertwined in the veins and nerves of the brachial plexus. I had the same chemo and radiation. I also had Cyberknife and it is just scar tissue now and has remained stable for 3 years. There are others here too, you are not alone. Welcome.

take a look at the inspirational and the good news forums. they have a way of uplifting the spirits sometimes..

sorry we have to meet like this but glad we have met.. you will find tons of support and inspiration and courage here . alsoa vast wealth of knowledge / IF you go through the Ask the expert you will find a link to GRACE.. Dr Jack West is our residential oncologist and has a site jsut for Lung cancer patients and their medical questions for him. Membership is also free as it is here and many of our embers here are aslo over there under the same names as here!! so you dont get too confused trying to relearn names and things.

Thank you ALL for your posts. I did poke around a little before I joined and only joined because it looked like a good place to not feel so alone.

Alan, sorry yours was inoperable. I think I just made it by millimeters or something. It was down to the surgery being moved 2 weeks in order to get the neurosurgeon they wanted who was able to take nearly half of one vertebrae and facet joints off the ones above & below... frankly the pre-op discussion/description was a bit much and by the time it got to post-op talking the only thing I nagged him about was the margins! It has also left behind many extra problems, but at least he got it. Congrats on 3 years :)

Thanks for the hugs and welcomes! I need to update my signature more and stuff, but I really wanted to jump in before I chickened out. Also, I have an odd sense of humor, which has come in VERY handy for much of this, but also may turn people off. I know this can be more of a problem online, cuz you can't see my tongue in cheek or the twinkle in my eye. Because of that, you may see too many smiley faces & LOLs, sorry.

Be well & ((hugs))

Sorry I am late in welcoming you Mary! I am so glad you found us...but not that you had to :?

I am glad that you looked around the site a bit already, there are lots of stories of hope, and lots of people that have been through some of the same stuff as you, it is so helpful to see that you are not alone in what you are going through and how you are feeling.

Stop by often, with questions or your latest news!

Peace

Janet

Thanks Janet,

5 years!! Congrats!

It really does help a lot to see how well some people do. I also find it amazing that there are so many people here but when I tried to find support here there was nothing local. I wonder if it is about not wanting to talk or just being so far apart...

I think I will be comfy here, and hope to help others be comfy too.

Welcome, Mary. I am another 5 year survivor of stage 2 squamous cell NSCLC, so hang in there!

Sorry to read that yours got into your ribs. From everything I've seen, that always makes for some serious long term pain. How are you doing?

Hiya Bud,

Thanks for the welcome and CONGRATS!!! on 5+ years :D

Pain... oh yes, there is pain. I have to thank the pain tho, it got me dx in time. The pain that pushed me to the doc had nothing to do with the ribs tho, it was mostly shoulder blade with some radiating down the back of the arm all the way down to the outer fingers. Odd as it sounds, the radiating pain was accompanied by a kinda surface numb/tingly feeling, which, along with that pain, still plagues me.

During surgery the T2 nerve needed to be resected and there was damage to the sympathetic chain. That left me with Horner's Syndrome. Lucky me, doc says I got one of the most extreme cases he has seen. I do not sweat at all on the right side, my right pupil is stuck at it's smallest size and the right eyelid droops a bit. BUT, on the left I do sweat. I sweat profusely for what would appear to be no reason. Eating, showering or getting very upset seem to cause it the most. Nothin like having lunch with someone and having them say: Um, Mary... not sure what's goin on, but something is dripping off your hair! NICE, not!

I am also still having lotsa pain that is prolly associated with the vertebrae that the tumor was touching which was not done properly and had to be redone this past Aug. I am STILL in a brace from that. I will see that doc on Monday. Ugh.

As for rib pain... I would say discomfort. If I ever get past the meaner ones, it may get more attention.

Thanks for asking!! Sorry for the 2 page reply. I tend to ramble, which is why I am not here every day... I only come when I can devote at least an hour to read and write.