Carboplatin/Paclitaxel With Radiation

Robert Macaulay

I had my meeting with the oncologist and radiation doctor today and they are going to be treating me for NSLC  stage 3 they said they will have more information after my pet scan on Friday of this week and will call me next Tuesday with the results and class it as 3A or 3B With another CT scan before treatments are scheduled in about two weeks and lasting six weeks in Victoria BC. My tumour on the left lung has grown to 5cm and depending on the pet scan surgery could be a option  but would be after my chemo and radiation. As I live out town there is lodge available to me five minutes from the clinic and three meals a day but only Monday to Friday so for the weekend I will got the hotel ten minutes drive by taxi where I stayed last night

Hi, Robert.  It sounds like you have a good plan.  Will you have anyone to accompany you to your treatments?  I had radiation and the same chemo cocktail you're having last spring.  Radiation takes its toll; by week 3, I was napping midday.  I'm not sure if you've been told what to expect with this chemo so I'll share my experience with you.  I had slight neuropathy, almost no nausea, but I lost my hair and I had  terrible muscle and joint aches. If you are interested, check out www.chemocare.com.  It's a great source of information.

Keep us posted on your next steps and let us know if you have any questions.  

1 hour ago, Susan Cornett said:

Hi, Robert.  It sounds like you have a good plan.  Will you have anyone to accompany you to your treatments?  I had radiation and the same chemo cocktail you're having last spring.  Radiation takes its toll; by week 3, I was napping midday.  I'm not sure if you've been told what to expect with this chemo so I'll share my experience with you.  I had slight neuropathy, almost no nausea, but I lost my hair and I had  terrible muscle and joint aches. If you are interested, check out www.chemocare.com.  It's a great source of information.

Keep us posted on your next steps and let us know if you have any questions.  

Thanks Susan I will going alone for treatment and they have shuttle bus pickup back to the lodge that house out town patients done the same thing fifteen years ago when I had radiation, And lots Chemo patients were living there also. The doc gave me six page handout  that explained everything the key has it spread and my head CT last week was clear so that is out of the way. He did explain if it has spread to the other lung surgery could be out of the picture.

Robert,

Glad to hear that you have a plan of attack!. It's nice that there is lodging close to the facility.  As my parents are getting older, I had always imagined that they would eventually move closer to me (I'm about an hour away), but with my mom's cancer recurrence, I see how important it is for her to be close to the clinic that all of her doctors are at.  Best of luck with your first round of treatments!

Take Care,

Steff

Robert,

We'll be thinking of you while you undergo your first round of treatment! Please continue to post updates. We're here for you!

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Robert,

Welcome here.

Very happy to hear there is a lodge available for you to stay at during the week in Vancouver.  We have many cities the states that offer free lodging for out-of-town cancer patients.

Let us know the results of the PET and I'm hoping it is Stage IIIA.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived