new comer

gregob

hello, 54 yr male with stage 4 NSCLC diagnosed by incidental discovery. Radiation and surgery were taken off the table at onset of treatment. 6 cycles ( q21days) of carbo / alitmta/ avastin and 13 cycles ( q21 days) of just alimta before scan showed progression in lungs. Treatment switched to Keytruda ( 3 rd 21 day cycle now ) scan next week to see if it is working. Recent Brain MRI shows no mets as well as CtScan of abdom and pelvis.

Greg,

There is never a good time for a lung cancer diagnosis. I've not had Keytruda but hear good things about it.  I do hope it works. Here is information about Immunotherapy and drugs including Keytruda you may find helpful.

Stay the course.

Tom

22 hours ago, gregob said:

hello, 54 yr male with stage 4 NSCLC diagnosed by incidental discovery. Radiation and surgery were taken off the table at onset of treatment. 6 cycles ( q21days) of carbo / alitmta/ avastin and 13 cycles ( q21 days) of just alimta before scan showed progression in lungs. Treatment switched to Keytruda ( 3 rd 21 day cycle now ) scan next week to see if it is working. Recent Brain MRI shows no mets as well as CtScan of abdom and pelvis.

Welcome to a wonderful, kind, understanding and acquired knowledge group that no one wants to be in. Sending positive thoughts for you that your treatments are working and hang in there. You stated no metastasizes to brain, pelvis or abdomen. Do you mind if I ask where or if you have metastasizes since you're Stage IV ? Radiation and surgery were also not options for my husband, Stage IV NSCLC. He has hilar lymph involvement and a large tumor on his adrenal gland. He is on Keytruda + Alimta + 4 infusions of carboplatin. His last scan showed reduction in his lymph and adrenal tumor but lung tumor appeared larger. Possibly pseudo progression which can happen with Keytruda. His next CAT Scan is this Tuesday, 11/20/2018.

To the other lung and lymph nodes around the trachea. I certainly hope the reduction continues for him as well as the lung tumor. My next scan will show if keytruda has worked, will be after the my 3rd round ( last Monday )

Archived