Barb1260

Pleural effusion?

My PET/CT report reads small volume pleural effusion now seen. What does that mean and how do they treat that?  I read that it could be malignant fluid and that means it’s spreading?  No new hot spots. Other than that there’s more shrinkage and less SUV. Still not NED. I don’t see oncologist until Thursday and I’m worried. 

I can get why you’re worried- I can tell you I had plural effusion upon diagnosis, it cleared up and this morning I was out with the rowing team. 

Its hard to know on the Durva if this is a side effect?  Looks like everything else is heading in the right direction.  Maybe one of the more experienced members has an idea.  This stinks- the waiting... ugh it’s the worst.  

I hate getting these results and then waiting. Glad you’re back doing what you love, great news there. 

Michelle-thanks for telling me yours cleared up. That helps mentally. Pizza was great 

This part is so nerve wracking. I forgot to mention one of my lung buddies here in KC is on Keytruda (pre-Durva) with a high PDL-1, it took her about a year to get to NED on therapy, she’s still NED one year later, just came back fro the cruise of a lifetime.  No reason why you can’t get there too. 

Oncologist said she is not concerned about the pleural effusion as it is so small and the radiologist had the same reaction. Otherwise all is great and even the inflammation from the radiation is lessening. Have a head CT on Monday to check out the weird headache I’ve had to rule out brain lesions. Hooray another test. 

We can be brain twins...waiting for scheduler to call for a brain MRI for my lingering headache.  In the meanwhile let’s take a page from Prince and party like it’s 1999. 

Glad to hear the doc isn’t worried about the PE. That’s great news!  

I developed a small pleural effusion that showed up before day three of first round of chemo. It was determined to be due to fluid overload. I started 3 days of chemo at 118 lbs and my weight was 127 lbs just before the 3rd day of chemo. Lasix for 2 days now and pretty much back to my baseline weight, and breathing more easily now.