Coffee Break the week of 3/30/20

LUNGevityKristin

How was everyone's weekend?  We had a warm day on Saturday before storms came through and a lot of people were out on their driveways in our neighborhood.  It was so nice to see people in real life when we went on a walk.  Everyone stayed at least 10 feet apart and we crossed the street if someone was coming towards us.  But it just felt nice to see real people.  

We have been playing a lot of Sequence and Rumikub but realized we left most of our games at the lake house when we were there over Winter Break.  Any good game recommendations?  

Kristin-

I love playing Yahtzee with my family.  All you need is 5 dice.  And if you want to play the official game with the score cards, I'm sure you can print one online.  Depending on how old your kids are, I always loved playing Slap Jack, War, and GO Fish with my dad.  

I love to play Farkle, a dice game. Sunday we played with a friend remotely on Zoom.  We had the dice ar at our house. We turned the computer so that the camera was focused on the table and she could see it. When it was her turn, we rolled according to her instructions.  It worked great! I bet you could play a lot of games this way.  If you want to play Farkle, here are the rules.  You need 6 dice.   https://cdn.shptrn.com/media/mfg/1725/media_document/8976/FarkleRules_E.pdf?1401226825

Farkle is a great one!  We played with friends in our neighborhood in the summer.

For people looking for something to do to keep busy, Etsy has a lot of craft kits available.  I just ordered an embroidery kit.  It has the hoop, fabric with the printed pattern, thread, everything you need.  I read that it is supposed to be calming so I will let you know how it goes.  Is anyone creating anything while they are home?

Archived