Struggling for answers for years.

Worried18

Hello. I am looking for anyone who went through a tough time getting diagnosed with LC and wanted to know if my symptoms sound like something you may have went through ...

about 5 years ago I came down with a bad cough and shortness of breath, that has never went away. No amount of meds or doc visits resolved it ... I had 2 ct scans and xrays of my chest, and about a year an a half ago I had a bronchoscope done aswell, with all negative ... 

just about 3 months ago I started getting bad pains in my my lungs when I take a deep breath or even just moving the wrong way in my chest, as well as a radiating pain in my back shoulder blade ... I have not gone back to the doctor as I have been swamped but I’m very concerned this time as the pain is every day... 

any answers and opinions would be much appreciated. Thank you 

Worried,

I never had pain in my lungs but your description of that and the radiating shoulder pain, if I had it, would cause me to make a repeated visit to the doctor.

Stay the course. 

Tom

Worried,

I’m with Tom.  I would definitely go back to the Doctor.  You said everything was negative.  What if anything did they say was causing all the pain and the cough? 

Babs

Absolutely, please MAKE TIME for a doctor visit.  Nothing is more important than your health, and postponing never makes things better.  

Susan 

Worried 18, I have COPD and emphysema, which can cause a pain the your chest that is difficult to explain, I have had it off and on for about a year now! I take a Pepcid and that sometimes seems to make it better! Have they told you that you have either COPD or emphysema?

Archived