What a day!

kimblanchard

Hi friends,

Just have to share what a great day my dear husband Bill had. Keep in mind that he hasn't walked more than 10 feet in weeks without having to rest..... Not only did we walk around a neighborhood block today, but he wanted to go shopping at Lowes, Meijer's, K-mart, Frank's Nursery for plants and Hall's restaurant for a double-decker hamburger!!!! I cannot believe it. Could it be that this new drug, Iressa, is working????? Granted it works in 30% of cases.... could it just be the thing for him??? We know that nationally 10,000 people are on this drug after failing standard chemo. That means that 30,000 of them get a positive response. I'm feeling so blessed and hopeful after a day like today that I just had to share.

Blessings to all of you,

Peg

Gail, GREAT DAY!!! My dad is on Iressa, and I think that he's really benefiting from it, too. I believe that when the Iressa works, IT WORKS!!! Keep us posted, and ENJOY! A toast "to more walks around the block, shopping sprees, and DOUBLE HAMBURGERS (CLINK) CHEERS! :wink: " Take care, Deb

Hey Peg; that's ABSOLUTELY GREAT !!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Heres hopin the IRESSA continues to do it's thing and you have many, many more walks.

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC stage IIB - left pneumonectomy -5/2/01-

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today! "

PEG

That is Great News!!!! Love them kind of days!!! Lets hope this is just the beginning of the walks & shopping trips!!!

Letskeep praying & hoping!!!

Love Estelle