New here ...

Mary Claire

Hello:

November 9th: shockingly, diagnosed with NSCLC with EGFR exon 19

November 25-30: hospitalized with COVID-19 (picked it up in hospital getting the cancer diagnosis). Turned 65 years old on Thanksgiving Day while isolated in COVID ward.

Began Tagrisso on December 21st. Weathering a few side effects (canker sores, dry skin/nails, occasional diarrhea/vomiting), but overall doing really well. 

Finally getting my feet under me and beginning to learn about all things lung cancer, treatments, and lifestyle related. 

Thanks for having me. 

Hi Mary Claire--Wow, you had the one-two punch with a cancer diagnosis and Covid! Welcome here! This is a good place to learn about all things lung cancer and how some of us deal with them. Ask us anything you want and let us know how we can support you.

Bridget O

Hi Mary Claire, you've really been through it. I hope you were able to fully recover from Covid. 

All of your Tagrisso side effects sound common, and some people report that they lessen somewhat with time. I've been on Tag since March 2020 and am doing well.

I just posted the info below for another new member on Tag, hope you find it helpful. These are closed Facebook groups that are easy to join. People discuss their side effects and solutions and generally support each other.

Tagrisso (osimertinib) Patients & Caregivers Group

LUNGevity Targeted Therapies Group 

LUNGevity EGFR Group

Plus we are here to answer any questions. Welcome. 

Hi Mary Claire and welcome to our group. I really admire people like you who encounter so much yet stay positive and upbeat. It is not easy when you have cancer. I hope the side effects diminish with time and you see plenty of improvement soon. All the best.

Hi, and welcome from me, too!

Glad to hear you're doing so well after that rocky start. Have you been able to follow up with your vaccines for COVID? The infusion nurse who treated me last week had COVID in August but just got her second vaccine. I'm looking forward to getting my second shot in less than two weeks.

Archived