Trials?

jack14

https://www.cancerdefeated.com/a-british-entrepreneurs-blood-may-unlock-the-door-to-a-universal-cancer-cure/?fbclid=IwAR20eIkaCuSdkXmYjKgacPHq5EsieBM9YRP0MxjfcSP95X-El60LarOkjnE

I wonder if there are any trials going on here in the US regarding this? I am especially interested because I just might be looking for a new line of therapy. I will know in a few hours when I see the Oncologist and we review my CTscan. I tested positive for MET amplification but my Oncologist said that the FDA hasn't approved the target drug that they use for the MET ex 14. So, that leaves us with chemo as our next therapy. Or, a trial....

Dr James Hull is a dentist, but he survived 4 advanced cancers including pancreatic and colorectal (very deadly), I forgot 2 others. He is a long term survivor, more than 10 years. He was donating his blood for research to the Cardiff team of researchers and they identified his unique T cells that targeted only cancer cells and not other cells. Researchers were able to isolate those unique T cells among mirriads of others and sequenced them. Now we know the sequence of the unique pan-cancer warriors, but it takes time to create useful drugs. The researchers published their work in a top journal. The important finding was that these cells worked on all cancers that researchers tried in mice and on one patient with melanoma. That's why they call this T cell pan-cancer. Also it's pan- population because the target protein is identical in all people.

The unique part of the T cell is it's T cell receptor, TCR. So they need to put this TCR into our T cells. That's the problem to be solved.-Inspire member

• jack14 changed the title to Trials?
23 hours ago, jack14 said:

Hope I can anyway I guess that I can ask my Onc today when I see her if she has any ideas as to how I might go about finding out.

Whew! Well, I missed another bultet My scans and labs were good, and I had my 14th Keytruda infusion. MyCA19-9 number should be in  tomorrow. Anyway, I met with my PA Oncologist and she is incredible. I asked her about the research in regards to Dr Hulls T cells and she was acquainted with it and said that the blood that he has supplied is being studied extensively by researchers here in the US as well as many other Countries and the timing is perfect as there is an unprecedented amount of research into T cells and immunology, going on. Personally, I suspect that Dr Hulls super T cells may even hold a cure for many other things. like covid 19.

Anyway, I along with many many others, including my PA, are praying for a cure for all of us with cancer, and soon.

Keep sharing guys. Good stuff. Even tho one would think a tumor with no mutations would be good, turns out it's not. My results showed on mutation of no clinical significance. I have a perfect tumor ( or had).

FWIW the first article is a year older than the second one so that may explain the difference.

If there is one good thing about COVID, it seems to have given our regulators a kick in the behind. It baffles me that the JnJ is not available yet. Is there any chance it wont be? Not in my book....so we lose 3 weeks for paperwork alone. Europe is worse. But still, things are moving faster and the precision of designing these molecules is outstanding. It wasn't that long ago we hardly knew what a T cell could do.

Helps me keep the faith.

Peace

Tom

10 hours ago, TJM said:

Keep sharing guys. Good stuff. Even tho one would think a tumor with no mutations would be good, turns out it's not. My results showed on mutation of no clinical significance. I have a perfect tumor ( or had).

FWIW the first article is a year older than the second one so that may explain the difference.

If there is one good thing about COVID, it seems to have given our regulators a kick in the behind. It baffles me that the JnJ is not available yet. Is there any chance it wont be? Not in my book....so we lose 3 weeks for paperwork alone. Europe is worse. But still, things are moving faster and the precision of designing these molecules is outstanding. It wasn't that long ago we hardly knew what a T cell could do.

Helps me keep the faith.

Peace

Tom

Yes! I concur with all that you have said. I do believe that the answer to curing all cancers is going to be found in the area of immunology. And the T cell will be a key. Godspeed to the researchers and trial participants.

11 hours ago, Deb W said:

I have the MET amplification mutation and this is for the ex14 skipping mutation. I don't believe that it benefits me and is not approved for use for me. Thanks though

So, I have just heard that my CA19-9 marker has increased again. It is up to 60 from 52 nin weeks ago. But the scan shows a slight reduction in one of my lymph nodes, no growth in the other one and no growth in the primary lung lesion. And no new growths in my chest or upper abdomen. I am wondering if perhaps there might be something going on in my lower abdomen and pelvic area though.

Just now, jack14 said:

So, I have just heard that my CA19-9 marker has increased again. It is up to 60 from 52 nin weeks ago. But the scan shows a slight reduction in one of my lymph nodes, no growth in the other one and no growth in the primary lung lesion. And no new growths in my chest or upper abdomen. I am wondering if perhaps there might be something going on in my lower abdomen and pelvic area though.

PS: the CA19-9 marker is typically used for pancreatic cancer but it is also useful in some NSCLC adeno cases, like mine. That is why we are using it.

6 hours ago, jack14 said:

PS: the CA19-9 marker is typically used for pancreatic cancer but it is also useful in some NSCLC adeno cases, like mine. That is why we are using it.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I've never heard it mentioned in the context of lung cancer. 

My PA Oncologist called me late yesterday afternoon and told me not to worry about my marker increase. She said it was only raised by a few points. And back to what it was a couple of months ago. I was surprised that she called, as the centers RN had called me to tell me that the marker had increased a few days ago, and not to worry as worry just effects the immune system adversely and the scan was good. Wonder what that was all about...Anyway, she said that we would continue to watch it.

Archived