New to site

Hi,

I'm new to writing to sites so I hope this is the correct path.

Have read several messages by others an am glad to have found this site. I am an x smoker. Quit 35 years ago when we found out it was not a good thing. Diagnosed with stage 1 NSCLC, went to surgery last June and came out stage 2. Lymph nodes involved. Had chem and rad till the end of Oct. Ct scan in Nov resulted in being told am in remission. Can relate to those who spoke of being unable to get self going again. Getting better and will have another PET scan as soon as the MBA's say I can.

Would like to be of help to any one else if I can. I am 73 years old and retired RN. Have a spouse, three adult children, another two adult children who are extended family. A positive from this experience is that I learned how much they love me. Also have two grandkids, boy and a girl, 7 and 5.

Hollyjean

Good to hear from you! I am new also, and my first post is a couple of posts down and titled "new with??". It tells what we are going through with a dear friend. Can you tell me how your recovery from surgery went? If you read my post you will know what sorts of things we are wondering about. My friend is nsclc stage 2b with lymph involvement.

Thank you so much.

Hi Hollyjean, welcome. Did you find the spot to register? I also am a lung cancer survivor and another RN, not retired yet though. Glad you have joined us. Donna G

Hi Holly Jean,

Welcome!!!! It is always nice to have medical professionals her on the board. Glad to hear ou are a survivor and sounds like you have a very nice and caring family. If you would register, we can them PM you or at least respond you you. Thank you and again welcome....

Blessings to you and your family....

Karen

Welcome to the family. I am also sorry you are here but glad you found US.

This group of people was put on earth for a reason and I firmly believe the reason is to make the transition easier for all who come here! We laugh, we cry, we hug, we look in awe at some of the things that happen but mainly we are HERE for each other when needed! Jump in where you feel like it and again, Welcome!

God Bles,

MO

Welcome Holly Jean,

Glad to have you aboard, although I wish you hadn't even had to look for such a board.

It seems as if you are having success with your treatment which is nice to hear. Keep it up!

Paddy