I seem to be struggling accepting good news!

TJM

I posted my scan waa clear, that the lesion I was concerned about was nothing and my weight loss stabilized. To top it off I actually feel pretty decent for my new normal 

Then last week I noticed my right foot was swollen up pretty good. Not the left. Concerned my wife enough to call the advice nurse. They advised a trip to the ER. I waited till the next day and went into urgent care. Results were:

CBC and other tests fantastic. Ultra sound showed no DVT. X ray nrgative.

Then I went home. My foot is still swollen. Doc only gave me vague instructions. FWIW, I did have a PE several years ago and am on blood thinners.

I have a note into my primary but do not have high hopes. Anyone else experience Endema (sp) so long after treatment (3.5 years) and totally out of the blue?

I guess I cannot accept exceptionally good results without a fight!

Tom

I came across a column a few days ago from a self-proscribed hypochondriac. Turns out it was someone with a history of hodgkin’s. I was thinking that it really is a side-effects of cancer recovery. Even if all goes to plan, you will always be extra wary of any physical symptoms. I get a bit worried if I have the tiniest cough. Just spoke to someone who is convinced her dodgy hip is bone metastasis, rather than the logical conclusion that carrying around her toddler grandkids might be to blame. But better safe than sorry - so good to get it checked. And when that is done, celebrate your clear scan again!

Tom,

I agree with Rikke.  Don't panic as all critical tests are coming out well.  On the other hand you should still seek answers as to why it's happening and how to reduce it.  Please keep us updated on this.
Lou

I love you all. Even tho you called me a hypochondriac!

Just kidding. I keep my good eye on the road. Always 

I just want to ask if the Xray was a chest xray or xray of your foot/ankle?  I'm hoping chest xray otherwise I would ask for that just to be on the safe side given your history of DVT....

I, too, had a PE and then mysterious swelling of both calves way later, for no apparent reason. The oncologist on call was baffled. I, too, went to the ER, had a vascular sonogram, was forgotten in my little room and had to seek discharge.... 🤪 I don't even remember what was decided or what I did. I don't have it now.

Still, one foot still swollen would concern me. Have they suggested compression socks? Don't be a "good patient" and sit in silence. This demands an answer and a concrete response.