Recovery

Chad

I have mixed emotions about this because so many people are fighting . Know that I might not know you personally but you are in my thoughts and prayers . I have had my follow up with my surgeon on the 22nd of August and then the Pulmonologist on the  23rd and then my Oncologist today the 27th and all of them have confirmed that as of right now I am Cancer Free . The surgeon removed the entire upper right lobe and 21 nodes the cancer came back as stage 1A NSCLC . The nodes all came back clear . Now it the CT scans every 6 months  . Thank you all for the support and kind words, and especially the encouragement  . I am truly grateful 

I'm thrilled for you, Chad! I hope your recovery continues smoothly. Mostly I hope you do some celebrating. You've earned it!

Chad,

Glad to hear that you are doing well.  Keep on taking care of yourself and feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

Lou

No reason to be reluctant to post good news.  People not only come here for answers they come for hope.  Success stories are in my opinion the best source of hope and optimism.

I suffer survivors guilt.  Wonder why I survived such a grim prognosis.  My major way of coping is paying it forward.  That's what I'm doing here. Hopefully my experience can help someone even if it's just a tiny bit or a single moment.

Thanks for sharing.  Follow your doctor rehab instructions .  Don't overdo it.  Be mindfulness of your health and live your life.  Did you post how you were diagnosed?

1 hour ago, edivebuddy said:

No reason to be reluctant to post good news.  People not only come here for answers they come for hope.  Success stories are in my opinion the best source of hope and optimism.

I suffer survivors guilt.  Wonder why I survived such a grim prognosis.  My major way of coping is paying it forward.  That's what I'm doing here. Hopefully my experience can help someone even if it's just a tiny bit or a single moment.

exactly

Sorry , I had quit smoking about 5 1/2 years ago for my grandson . My primary doctor asked me last year if I was interested in getting " The Scan " . I told her let me think about it well this year when I went in she asked me again and I told her sure let's do it  . My surgeon and Oncologist both said that she probably saved my life and that if it was left undetected I would have 16-18 months . So when I go see her the 27 of September I will be thanking her . 

Congratulations on having a thorough primary care physician.  You'll have more time to enjoy your grandkids 

Hopefully  you advocate screening and become an example to those around you.  I wasn't eligible for screening.  I was diagnosed in 2020 at 54 when screening started at 55.  They lower the age to 50 in 2021.

What a good grandpa! I love that you'll thank your doc. I try to remember to do this and I think it matters to them.

Such great news and what a story too, Chad!  I appreciate you being validating of those who are "fighting" while good news like this is soooo important too.  I agree on the thanking.  I try to remember to do that often with any of my providers.  It does make a difference....  I so appreciate you updating us.

And edive you do pay it forward - no question about that....  You and so many others on this site who share knowledge you have gained and are supportive to others at various levels....

Hey Chad, edivebuddy and anybody else who might be having survivors' guilt: in a word: DON'T. ( or as close to "don't" as you can get.  As others have said, every survivor inspires hope in others. Yay for you! We need you here and to hear about your success.  Your success takes nothing at all from others.  Sharing it is, in fact, generous. We love you for it.

8 hours ago, BridgetO said:

Hey Chad, edivebuddy and anybody else who might be having survivors' guilt: in a word: DON'T. ( or as close to "don't" as you can get.  As others have said, every survivor inspires hope in others. Yay for you! We need you here and to hear about your success.  Your success takes nothing at all from others.  Sharing it is, in fact, generous. We love you for it.

Well said (as always) Lee.

Lou