Calling all Michiganders (and wannabes)! It's party time!

Ry

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Maryland and hopefully will be able to make it to your party as said in the above post. Where is the closest airport to your house? We travel far for a good party! Maybe Southwest has a deal! I know my daughter Leandra wants to meet Caitlyn :D !

Closet airport is in Flint not sure which airlines other than Air Tran fly into Flint. Southwest flies into Detroit which is about an hour from us. We are in Fenton Michigan if that helps you plan. Would be great if you could come!

Jean,

It's about an 11 hour drive from Ft. Meade to where Rochelle is (when we were stationed there, we used to drive it every summer, every holiday...my grandparents lived in Michigan, we lived on Ft. Meade).

Ahhhh...the MEMORIES of "He's touching me" "He's on my side" "He's looking at me"...oh yeah, and the time we fed the dog Red Hots (remember that cinnamon candy) from the backseat and she threw up all over my dad's lap...as he was driving... Talk about "I'm going to pull this car over!" flashbacks...I have to quit typing, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!! Life was simple back then...and so much closer to "fair"... Too bad I didn't know it then! :roll:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, hope you can make it, too!

Becky

ehhhhhhhhh! You're making it tough!

Mapquest says 4.5 hours......but that's based on the speed limit (!)

But I have to go on a charity motorcycle ride the NEXT day for Sav-A-Pet Foundation......let me fuss around with it a little bit - I'd love to meet you all.

Is this an afternoon thing or an evening thing? (I know, I know - too many questions!)

SandyS

I'm sure it's black tie, too, Sandy....dress codes are VERY big in Michigan... :roll:

Oh yeah, Carhardts, dirty T-shirts that were once white, work boots, GREASY ball cap...ah yes, the uniform of the north...(add flannel in the winter months...)

OMG, Sandy! If you only KNEW! It's construction season here...don't expect to "fly low" and beat MapQuest's time, you should probably DOUBLE it!

I COULD get some of those guys there, in black tie, but they'd think they were Chippendale's dancers and would wear JUST the tie and we'd all be very, VERY sorry... There's a big difference between beefcake...and, well, a side of beef...kinda like the comparison between me and Pamela Anderson! lol

...okay, okay, some of the younger ones are (don't tell the Cookieman) worth a second look...or third if no one notices that second one...LOL

BUT, since you'll be driving, keep your eyes on the road and be safe! We prefer seeing you in one piece, not dressed as a bleeding mummy!

BECKY,You don't need all those chippendaleles and black ties and stuff.You could mabe hire Dean ,John ,DAve, David,dave,Tbone,myself and lots others for less$$$$$$$.We would put on a show for you and Cookieman is appointed stage director.Uniform of the day is definatly the carhards dirty caps etc. its the only way to go.We'll all meet up with Sandy and drive there on motorcycles,antique cars,and scooters.(right Dean)

Frank,

My guy dances...that hip-rockin' Santa of a few years back? That was made on his moves...

I don't think he'd be okay as just the stage director - he's watched "The Full Monty" too many times to NOT take his hat off! LOL

But I'll let him know that some overly caucausian guys want him to show them how to dance.. :shock:

What the heck,I love you all like immediate family so I'll give this thing a kick to the top as well.As much as I'd love to be there too but only to get together with all of you.(not cause I'm a wannabee). Hope every one here can find a way to enjoy this memorial day weekend.And please remember the fallen and disabled veterans in our country.

I wanna come too. But there is a big problem....its way to far for a little country girl to make it. I sure look forward to seeing all the pictures and reading all the tall tales. I will make sure to be online that night to read any "in person" posts. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Nina

Nina, we'll take lots of pictures. The lake is slowly moving out of our yard and back on the other side of the sea wall where it should be. We've had so much rain hopefully the month of July will be dry.

• 1 month later...

Hey plenty of room for more Katie, ordered a tent today in case of rain or hot sun. Hoping for sun! Anybody interested in coming PM me for directions....

We're not far from Ohio all you Ohio residents :P

I would love to come. My husband and I bought some land in Michigan and have never even seen it. We bought it off E Bay it's in Baldwin. How far is that from you Ry? Can you tell me some motels nearby?? I would be coming from NH if I do make it. I would just love to meet you all.

God Bless You all,

Jane

PS here's my kick to the top!!!