Getting my Port removed!!!

Remembering Dave

Well, it has been a while since I have posted but please know that I pop in as much as I can and you are all always in my prayers. I am getting my Port removed today. I am getting my port removed today, I am getting my port removed today!! It is odd to say and hear. I am so happy it will be out. It has been one of the constant reminders of this jouney I have been on. I asked the Onc. when I could have it out and he said anytime.............we will just put another one in if we have to down the road. Oh, well. I have not been able to sleep all night. Not sure if it is because I mowed approx. 3 acres last night or if it is the port. Oh well. Again you are all in my prayers.

David C

Addie - funny you say that - Dave used to work on a cruise ship! He used to play trumpet full time professionally, and he worked for Carnival for a couple of years. When he quit doing that and came back to town to finish his degree is when I met him. I think a cruise right now sounds pretty darn good!

Anyway, I just got back to work and he's home now from the hospital - doc let him drive himself home since he just gave him novacaine to remove the port. Wouldn't let him keep it as a souvenoir though. I think after he rests he's going to be one happy man!

God Bless Everyone!

Karen C.

p.s. isn't our daughter the cutest kid ever?

David, between your good news and Bobmc posting, this is all just so terrific. I have been down and sad today but you boys have really lifted me up. I am so very happy for you......you are truly a wonderful and caring individual and I am so happy to be able to call you my friend even though we only know one another through this great computer invention....love