New here

Guest donna04

Guest donna04

My husband was diagnosed last May with inoperable NSCLC and underwent chemo and radiation. He then chose not to have more treatment. In March he began to loose weight quickly although there was not a lot of change on his x-ray. Our PCP recommended hospice and that's where we are now. He is extremely weak and has had to increase the morphine every two weeks. I feel like he has given up. This disease is like being tied up and forced to watch someone you love tortured and murdered!

Donna (hope that is your name),

Welcome to the most caring and supportive board on the internet, the board no one wants to join.

You are right, watching someone you love take this journey is very tough.

Is your husband still refusing treatment? Will he talk to you about it?

I don't have any answers, I really wish I did. But stay with us. There is so much love on this board it really does help each of us.

Hi Donna, welcome. I am so sorry that your husband and yourself are on this difficult journey. Was your husband diagnosed last month or last year? Is he in any pain? Is he taking supplements for the weight problem like Ensure or Boost? I joined the lung cancer " group of survivors" 6 years ago last December and in that time I have become so aware of this disease and how it affects people and that there are many too many of us on this road. Please let us know how we can help and keep us posted on how your husband and yourself are doing. Donna G

Donna,

Welcome, although circumstances are not pleasant.

We will give you and your husband all the support and caring we can while you walk this difficult path. There is a caregivers forum as well as a "path least taken" forum that might help address some of your thoughts and feelings.

Please keep us posted about what's going on with you. This is a wonderful and warm bunch of folks.

XOXOXOX

Prayers,

MaryAnn

Dear Donna,

I'm so sorry that you're in this terrible situation right now. I know how important it is to have a way to vent and express your feelings, and so I'm glad you're "here" to do that. Please use this forum to help you get through everything you need to get through.

Thinking of you and your husband,

Ellen

Donna,

I'm sorry you had to seek us out, but VERY glad you found us.

Not getting treatment is not necesseraly "giving up" on life. I'm one of those who has decided not to recieve aggressive treatment for my disease and, as others here will tell you, I SURE haven't "given up" on living my life.

Please visit "The Path Less Tavelled" forum here on this board to meet others who have chosen the road your husband has.

Dean