Wanted

Guest DaveG

Guest DaveG

Because of ongoing chemo and the problems associated with it, I find that I can not continue at the pace that I am used to, with this board.

I would like someone to step forward and take over, so that I can step back and spend less time on the board. Allowing me to concentrate on what needs to be done with me.

It is hard to offer advice, when I am the one who needs the advice, and support more than being able to do the same for others.

Before chemo i couldget on and keep going for hours on end, now I do not have that energy.

Rick has, as always, done a fantastic job on the board. He, along with Katie, designed this board, with the support of Estrea as the founder. Estrea asked me, in January to on board as Co-Director, which came as a total surprise to me.

I have said, and have done things recently which is not in my character. I apparently have hurt some feelings with individuals on this board, which was not my intent. I apologize to those individuals, and you know who you our. These comments have made through the board, personal emails, or through private messages. I again apologize for the comments.

If anyone is interested, please email myself, or Estrea. I plan to continue on the Board, however, in a lesser capacity for the time being. When the decision is made, that person will be notified and Rick will take the necessary steps.

Dave, I am so glad you are listening to your body and taking the time you need for yourself. We'll all do fine. I know how tired and worn out the chemo makes you.

You have always been wonderful and supportive so let us support you now. Put your health first and Im sure anyone will accept any job you come up with.

Guest DaveG

Ry and Katie:

Thank you both. I'll still be on the chat room Wednesday, because I would be lost without Ry's humor. Katie, maybe you could take over the mass email each week, reminding members of the Chat Room.

I'll still be around, lurking more and posting less.

Dave, No way could you hurt anyone you are the Board I'm with Katie on this one just sit back and relax for a bit. You got my spirits up when I just started here, you helped me to register cause I couldn't figure it out. Next step I have to figure out how to get in the chat room? Take a little rest and take care of yourself Hugs, Carol

Dave I never have thought that you have insulted anybody or have been out of line at any time. All you have have been is supportive. I remember when I was living in Japan, you were the person that always gave positive advice to everyone and you told me about your experiences about living in Japan. Please do take care of yourself and post as many things as you can on this website beacuse we need you here. Thanks!

Dave,

This post as always is so thoughtful of you. I can't imagine you hurting anyone...but i know the toll that this disease and Cancer/steriod treatments takes on patients. My Mom was one of the sweetest most loving people and she had some really bad days... Sometimes the posts can be so raw and i can't imagine that everything on this board is going to be "perfect".. after all we are all facing the most challenging, difficult, and stressfull diseases.. IE LUNG CANCER!!

Dave, take care of yourself first and foremost. But please remember that any member of this board should be strong enough to realize what you are going through and that you are in the midst of the battle.. For us to not see you at your best and yes at your worst would not be a true "support for you" ... Yes you are the director but you are a Cancer patient who is in treatment..and a SURVIVOR!!! For you to step down, not post and worry so much would be to "Candy Coat this disease"...

Dave, I care about you so much and please do whatever you need to do to take care of YOU!!! But know that you are so strong and loved and admired by so many..

You are our leader,

Laurie

Dave,

Golf stories:

My husband is suing the weather channel for all the rain every weekend. I told him the only people really bothered are the golfers and the boardwalk shop owners. :lol:

Being a teacher, I am off on the sumer. He commented that if I didn't have the job I did, we could travel more in the winter months. I looked at him calmly and told him if he didn't golf as much as he did, we could travel in the summer months!! I reminded him that 10 weeks in the summer is nothing to complain about.

Hemoglobin stories:

During my chemo with the breast cancer, I started bleeding internally, and was rushed to the hospital. My hemoglobin stayed in the 7's for a week, and I was 11 days in ICU with 14 blook transfusions. I was trying to be a hero and continue teaching during my chemo. My friends came into my hospital room with a prepared letter the the school board asking for me to go on leave. All I had to do was sign it, and I did.

The bleeding stopped as mysteriously as it had started. Five years later the doctors are still puzzled by the whole incident. I tell them very calmly that God stepped in, made me bleed a little, so I became anemic, so I would stay home and take care of ME, then My FAMILY, and not someone else's kids. I was working and going to bed at 7PM, and missing out on my own kid's life.

Best 8 weeks I spent at home recouperating.

Moral of the story?????

You know it: we have to take care of ourselves first in order to help others.

HUGS and HUGS

gail

Dave, Just stay as it is. You are fine. I dont think you are insulting..

but the picture is another story hah LOL....

Just kidding..

Dave,

I understand both sides of this quandry...you need to take care of YOU, first and foremost right now, still you are worried about US!! You have been and continue to be part of the foundation of this neat phenomenon know as LCSC. From my perspective, you have ever been honest and caring, and the amount you are posting or might post in the future is irrelevant...it's the CONTENT of the posts that is always so insightful. Please do what YOU feel you need to do to maximize your progress AT THIS TIME. We can make adjustments again later, when you are feeling better :D .

Love, hugs, support, and prayers.

Guest DaveG

Juday, Juday, Juday:

Would I have insulted you, one who can't see her golf balls :lol::lol::lol: . I would never insult you, wellll, maybe....... naaawww. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: