Supreme Evil Being (Satan)

Larry

I had thought very seriously of backing of off my posting's but was talked out of it so to speak.So here is my strong belief i'll share.......

They say that Satan's largest victory is convincing people he does not exist.Well i'm here to tell you he's alive and well and just as God work's his message through the Human race well so does the Devil,Supreme Evil being.Historically we have only to look at some of the evil people such as Stalin,Hitler , Saddam,ghengis Kahn and many other's not counting those you've met personally.

Then there are those of us who feel we have seen a evil spirit and i as one can lay claim to that twice in my life.I will only tell at this time of the latest time. :twisted: When i was in the Hospital emergency room in 1999 for pneumonia i recall very vividly lying their awaiting the Doctor when i turned my head to the right side and saw this very very dirty looking cobweb like apparition with a extremely strong sense of Filthiness and Evil.I once again as from the first time i experienced such a feeling over 37 year's ago in a very much more terrifying situation had this same very strong feeling that if i did not turn away from what i was seeing that death and going away or being taken by the evil force i saw and felt was imminent.Well as you can tell both time's in my life i've been able to turn away,but hopefully other's can tell me if i was hallucinating in your view or fully alert and awake as i truly was or maybe your experience.... :evil:

Larry

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Satan = evil. I don't think Satan is a separate being. I think that the possibility of evil exists in everyone. Through fear that this is so, we convince ourselves that it exists outside ourselves. It doesn't. It is part of us. We have the choice to act out of our lower self or are higher self.

Just my opinion. No throwing of objects please. :shock:

Larry, it's impossible to evaluate another's experience. I pesonally don't think you were facing death but obviously some part of your mind was trying to get your attention.

Not much help. Sorry.

Cat

Hi Larry,

Oh yes, Satan is alive and well in the world. One has only to look around at all the evils in the world, disease, wars, murders, etc. And, yes, one of his greatest lies is that he does not exist and to blame all the bad things in the world on God.

There are many, many evil spirits in this world. It sounds like you have the gift to actually see them. Some people do. Not everyone can. I can feel them. My husband can see them through his spirit, not with his eyes. I know there are people who can though. You are not crazy!! This is a gift from God, so you can pray and get rid of them. Hope this helps. I love spiritual things.

Lyn

Larry

As far as there being a red guy with horns and a pitchforl standing at the gates of a firey hell, I don't think so. I hope I am right. Like the in the thread where the original discussion began (remember that????) I said I was raised to in a religion that took every word of the Bible literally. Thus, those teachings remain in the back of my mind. However. I do believe that there are many metaphors in the bible. One of them is hell.

The bible talks about hell as fire and it also says hell is the absence of God. If God is good, as I believe he or she to be, then the absence of good is evil.

We have a tendancy to use personification when we speak of God or of Evil(Satan). As far as I know, God is not a person, but is a force. Just as evil is a force, as in an energy.

Both forces are entwined within the human, within all that is living--in all of us, is a struggle between the two. When good wins, when we humans do good, God is being displayed through us, and when we fail, Evil to varying degrees is displayed.

I do thnk that within some people, evil prevails. I've met them. Their evil creates negative energies that attempt to overide the positve energy of God. Thus far, unsuccessfully.

That's the short version of what I believe I believe. As far as after death, I still struggle with that. Other than the fact that when I look around me, I see that nothing disappears, everthing is transformed. I believe after death, that I too will be transformed. What that means literally, I don't know. But my energy, call it soul, I believe will exist in some manner.

As far as your experience, Larry, I also think that there are people who are better able than others to see the energies around things. You may very well be one of them.

elaine

Well there used to be a post from Peggy, and she must have removed it. In it, she wrote that God and Satan are both people because the Bible says they are people.

I know that the Bible speaks of God having a voice, but am not aware of it saying God has a body.

I won't deny that God has a voice, but I will say that I nor no one I know has ever heard it. I see God "speaking" in many ways.

Oddly enough, many people who say that God literally told them to do something or another, wind up in mental institutions or on medication.

My husband told me that President Bush says that God told him that he was to become President. He read it somewhere; I must have missed that one. Anyway,.....

Peggy, as for Jesus, I, too believe that he was a person.

Peggy removed a post? Ah, Peg, don't do that. I enjoy reading you're views even if I don't agree with them.

Our search for a Divine Entity takes us along different routes. I figure sometimes I'd like to take a look at the road others are traveling. It doesn't interfere with my beliefs, it only strengthens them. I think the same is for others, for instance for Christians. Just because I post Buddhist views doesn't mean I think Christians are wrong in their beliefs. I think their beliefs are right for them - but not for me.

I know Peggy that you are a most considerate person and work hard never to offend anyone. I hope that sensitivity towards others doesn't prevent you from sharing your views. You're sweetheart of a person.

Cat

Peggy,

I too want you to know that I welcome your views and that they do help me as I travel on the road in my search. Before DX I was in a search to understand, and the need for that understanding has become more critical for me.

I am never saying that I am right or that my beliefs or understandings are any more valid than others. Well if there are such things as devil worshippers, I don't think I would be very apt to be so open to them. But I would hear them out. Mostly I think I don't know. When I talk to God, which I do every day, I ask him to forgive me my humaness. I ask him to forgive my fraility and hope for his understanding that my mind is a suobborn mind and that some of my inabilities to go along with the way I was raised is because of a sincere desire for a more Godlike world.

elaine

I guess it's time to share my first experience with what i called a Evil entity.So here goes....

Year's ago in the very early 60's My Wife my cousin and his Girl friend and i were traveling through Texas on a what we all called a Oklahoma Credit card or for those of you not familiar with the expression a 5 gal gas can and a lenght of garden hose.Any way it was late at night and we were almost out of gas when we pulled in to this very small town in which to this day i remembered it as named Omaha and year's ago i recall being able to find it on Texas road map's but have not been able to find it the last few time's i looked for it.Well any how we spotted this Chrysler car sitting in a garage and noticed it was away's from the house which was a large 2 story white house with very noticible porch pillar's and a large yard with many tall pine tree's.just to the north side of the garage was a small bush.My cousin and i grabbed the hose and can and went in the garage to start siphoning gas when i needed to do #1 so i walked out of the garage to the bush and started to do my nature call when i looked up toward's the yard i noticed what appeard to be a figure that looked like it had a shroud over it or a better description would be it looked like the shadow of a NUN.It grew in size as it came closer and i knew if i did'nt get away from that spot i was at that it was going to take me with it and it's very presense was of totally complete unimanagable evil,TERROR was the best feeling in short.Once i moved away from the bush it was gone along with the feeling's.My thought's were naw it was just my imagination so i went into the garage and got my cousin.I never told him what i saw but asked him to come out side and stand by the bush with me.Well he agreed and with gas can in hand along with the hose he came and stood there with me and once again it happened.Well with out a word between us we both at the same time ran from the spot and literally jumped through the car window's and drove off.My wife and cousin's girl friend both said they had not ever seen faces with that much fear on them.Later my cousin and i discussed what happened and our stories and feeling's on what we saw were identicle..This i swear is the absolute truth and even today it seem's like at time's it was only yesterday that it happened.....

Cat i've thought of your anology on evil and it is interesting but i must tell you i'm convinced my experiences were not in my mind.

Elaine i'm in pretty much agreement with your evaluation of good and evil.

And peggy i did not read what you wrote but if Cat is correct on what she said you wrote, well i'm in agreement upto this point and that is that Satan and evil spirit's are indeed individual spirit's,so Peggy please share your view's....

Larry

Hey, my dear friends. You are way too kind. The only reason I deleted it was because I made a joke in it and then I felt bad because this is a serious thread. It's easy to remember exactly what I said, so I'll repeat it. Here it is:

In my simplified opinion, to which the Bible agrees:

God is a person.

Satan is a person.

Oh, there's one more. Jesus is a person. The reason I know that is because the Manhattan Transfer called him on the phone: "Oh, Operator, Information, get me Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus on the line."

Woohoohoohoohoohoo. I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv that song! I'll be singing it all night now.

Ok. That was it. I did a P.S., too and said I was sorry because this is a serious thread, but I just couldn't resist. The younger ones out there won't know a thing about that song, but I can tell you it is one of those songs that makes your blood pump and makes you want to prance around the room singing at the top of your lungs - especially if you saw them sing it instead of just hearing it.

Elaine, I don't know about God having a body. The Bible says that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one, so maybe the "body" of God was simply the body of Jesus. I don't know. I do know that Genesis says He was walking in the garden. Also, in the Bible all references to God and Satan, are he, I, etc. The New Testament says that Satan is roaming about like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. The word "like" is always significant in the Bible. The Bible is great for giving us word pictures that we can identify with it. Jesus was the Master at this.

Oh, Operator, Information, get me Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus on the line . . . LOVE THAT SONG!!

Love,

Peggy

Oh yeah Peggy I remember that song. :D

Larry, I was not implying that what you experienced was merely you're imagination. Not at all. The mind must conceive a thing before we can know or understand it.

I think that our society has put great constraints on our extending our mind into anything that can not be directly experienced by any of our known five senses. I think that when we see or hear or sense something that doesn't quite fit, our mind - at first - reacts in the way we have been taught. So we immediately question the reality of what we are experiencing. This immediate response makes it much more difficulty to correctly evaluate any unusual experience.

And believe me, Larry I've had quite a few experiences involving spirits.

Cat

Ok Peg you got me i never heard that song but do remember ....Peg of my Heart ........ Cat you don't suppose we were born with the veil on our face???You do remember that so called superstition,i believe it was a belief that was once common in the Black American culture in that it meant you had the ability to see those on the otherside.

Peggy this is for you ..... year's ago when in the Navy we were playing this really stupid game in which you took 3 deep breath's while squatting and with the third breath you held it and stood up and placed your arm's at your side and another person grabbed you from behind and placed their arm's around you and squeezed untill you passed out.

Well when i passed out i remember the vision/dream or maybe just maybe my spirit left my body and was being taken to the here after.Any way this beautiful personage was in these flowing gown's and was alway's at the top of best described as a hill that was the most beautiful green grass you could imagine and the sky was the purest whitish blue you could imagine.And as i got closer to this person it would immediately be on the next hill top looking back at me at using their hand to motion me to come on.The hand movement was not a movement but the way it held it's hand's out,well just as i was about to continue i came too and remember being very angry because i did not want to leave where i had been while passed out...I later asked other guy's who had played the game and passed out and none of them remembered any thing while passed out......After over 45 year's i still remember the experience as well as if it only just happened.....

Thought i would go off subject alittle to tell this experience,and boy could i tell a good one or 2 my grandfather told.But any way i do know Satan according to the Church and the Bible also appear's as Angel of light which i assume mean's a person who make's people believe he has the truth and the way and as such snares you to your folly and destruction by convincing you through very smooth teacher's for example propagandist like Goebbel's was to the youth of Germany in the early year's of the formation of nazism......

Larry

Cat you don't suppose we were born with the veil on our face???

No, I don't think I was; however I've been known to walk between worlds, as in non-ordinary reality. :wink:

On the devil - the quote below is from a buddhist interviewed on beliefnet.com

"In Buddhism, the Mara, which is their term for the devil, literarily means, "the killer" and we can take that literally as that which actually brings our life to an end and thereby most effectively stops us from realizing whatever we were set out on doing in our lives. The Buddha, for example, speaks of being caught in Mara's trap, being caught by Mara's fishhooks—in a more metaphorical sense, in that we are caught or trapped in, let's say, a state of fear or paranoia. We are literally hemmed in and often feel ourselves incapable of actually moving out of that space."

Larry , don't give him so much credit.

395 The power of Satan is, nonetheless, not infinite. He is only a creature, powerful from the fact that he is pure spirit, but still a creature. He cannot prevent the building up of God's reign. Although Satan may act in the world out of hatred for God and his kingdom in Christ Jesus, and although his action may cause grave injuries - of a spiritual nature and, indirectly, even of a physical nature- to each man and to society, the action is permitted by divine providence which with strength and gentleness guides human and cosmic history. It is a great mystery that providence should permit diabolical activity, but "we know that in everything God works for good with those who love him."275

If believe in God, should aware that there is evil spirits. I saw my pastor casted the demon away from two processed christians. They threw up why the pastor using power in the name of Jesus Christ.

I heard that while people reverse playing the tape of song "Hotel California", you will listen what they sing is "He is Satan, he is Satan.....", I didn't try but I heard of this. Anyone knows about this??

I just have to respond to a couple of thing's i've read on this thread so here i go....

Berisa i do not know about the song Hotel California but still sometime's wake up at nite and listen to this radio show i believe it's called After Dark or something like that and used to be Hosted for along time by Art Bell and the reason i remember his name is because he is a Ham Radio Operator like me.Any way they used to have this man on who build's a machine that play's record's tapes and probaly CD's backward's and he played quite a few pop or Rock song's with Satanic Message's and also certain politician's speeches that had satanic message's......

Donna i fully understand satan's limit's and also understand that he know's the Return of Christ is imminent and is very actively gathering's his forces to Fight him at his coming.As the Blessed Holy Mother told the Children at Fatima about the spreading of error's by Russia so is Satan through every concievable source today.He is very desperate and has snared many Priest and minister's already.I could go on but want to keep it at this focus .....

Larry