Quick Hello

kate1621

Hi,

I've been lurking for a bit now, can never seem to find time to post a real introduction, so bits and peices is best I can do for now.

My SO is in initial diagnosis process--ongoing for 9 weeks now. Seems like forever-- slow torture. With each test, the light at the end of a tunnel seems to be an oncoming train.

I have so many questions/thoughts, yet so little free time.

The information here has been very helpful, and is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kate

Welcome, looking forward to when you have more time. 9 weeks and no final diagnosis? Wow. Within a few weeks I was already deep in chemo and radiation., Keep us posted. Donna G

Welcome, Kate. I hope you find time to at least BREATHE!

The light's not a train, it's Hope. Keep it in sight....(of course, if you begin to hear clackity-clack-clackity-clack, you may want to step to the side). If you remember the Road Runner cartoons, maybe you can recall the one where the Coyote is in a tunnel and sees the light and hears clackity-clack and runs out, only to find out it was the Road Runner with a train whistle, spot light, etc....(Beep-beep!)

We're here, drop in!

Becky

Thanks so much for the welcome.

So far, tests indicate NSCLC, pancoast tumor, possibly stage 2 or 3, more test coming over next 2 weeks. I can't help but wonder why they keep saying more tests, pushing treatment back, as doctor has mentioned treatment, then surgery.

This past week, he's had a reoccurring high fever lasting 4-5 hours, then reappears a few hours later--tests, trip to the ER, and he continues to go to work. I was finally able to get an antibiotic for him today, so hopefully sleep is in my near future.

Thanks again.

Kate

Kate,

Welcome to the group. I have only one bit of advise and I know it is very hard to follow -- try very hard to take it one step at a time. Take each test one at a time and each meeting one step at a time. And please feel free to check in and update us each step of the way.

Welcome Kate,

We all certainly understand about the lack of time to post, but glad you took a few minutes to do it now. We're all pulling for you and your SO. Since you've been around a bit, you already know how much love, support and laughs (eg. Snowflake's posts!!) can be found here. Take care.