update

Rosie

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted in a very, very long time.

Please know that my sister and I do keep up with you all even though we don't post all the time. You are in our thoughts and prayers all the time.

I wanted to let you know that our mom passed away on August 19th at 7:45 AM.

It has been a long difficult road. Last winter when I started posting here, I came with unanswerable questions. I am so thankful for your patience, love and support. It was obvious that even though my questions were very difficult, everyone understood and tried to help me the best that they could.

I hesitated about posting this update, mainly, because so many wonderful people have passed recently and I didn't want to add to the pain of those working through this right now.

I want to say that I don't think it is hopeless. Hang on... and fight.

Our mom fought for a long time and with all her might. She fought to the very end. My sister made the statement at the funeral that, "Mom did not lose her battle to cancer" and I have to agree with her.

She may not have survived, but she did not lose. She was a fighter that is now in heaven.

I had the privledge of staying with my mom and sister for 5 weeks before she died. (I live in TX and they are in OH.) This time was a precious, precious gift.

We saw our mom live for the first time in her life. She did not worry over the little things in life. She enjoyed it to the fullest... and I mean, to the fullest! Mom had always been a drinker who kept us at arm's length. That arm was taken down and wrapped around us with awesome hugs.

We have never laughed so hard in our lives. We also cried together, but there was so much laughter. I never realized what an amazing sense of humor my mother had. It is something that will stay with me forever.

Anyway, God bless and love to you all.

Tammy (a.k.a. Rosie)

Tammy I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad for you that you had that special time before she left us. My prayers are for you and your family for peace. Donna G

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Tammy, My prayers are with you. May you find peace and comfort. I feel your mother's spirit - her true self - has found peace.

Cat

Tammy, please accept my condolences on the passing of your mother. It's strange to think that the five weeks spent with your mother before her death were such an uplifting, happy time full of life and laughter, while still surrounded by the outcome of this dreadful disease. What a beautiful memory of your mother to be left with. The arm at arms length that was taken down and wrapped around you in awesome hugs is such a wonderful image. Take care.

David P.

Dear Tammy,

I am so sorry about your Mom but so happy for the past 5 weeks you shared her life with her.

DeanCarl (OUR MAN!) posted on Aug. 27 "Time for an update" a wonderful piece of wisdom (doesn't he always?) about fighting the beast and never losing. I think you will enjoy reading it.

Love,

ViVi

• 2 weeks later...