Chemo starts again

Justakid

Beth ~

You and I have shared many PM's and you know I think you will make it through this Taxotere stuff with FLYING COLORS! I had it in combo with Carboplatin and found it to be the lesser of two evils :roll: I know it's scary and not something you are looking forward to, but like I've said, the fact that we are considered "young and healthy" gives opportunity to beat us up a little more with aggressive treatment.....which leaves no room for regret. We hit it with everything they've got!

Bill ~

I don't know who you are, but I find your post unbelievably distasteful.

I NEVER respond to negative posts, but recent postings like this are the reason I have been contimplating leaving the boards. If you have a problem with smokers, take it elsewhere. I never smoked a day in my life and I don't believe that a smoker deserves to be here anymore than I do. I also don't believe that someone should be resented for having access to good care. Yes, we should ALL be so fortunate to have many resources at our fingertips, but we cannot begrudge those of us who do. We simply need to fight for a change so that we all have the same opportunites. And that does not include fighting with one another.

Beth,

Glad to hear you made it through the chemo so well. It sounds like you had some very caring nurses to help you along the way. Thank God for blessing us with them. They come few and far between!

May you have much success with the Taxotere with few side effects. At least now you know what you will go through with the next 3. That fear of the unknown can be horrible!

Keep us posted!

TAnn

p.s. - I pm'd Beth regarding my feelings about Bill's very inappropriate post. I support and agree with all who have posted about this. I hope he reads these and maybe will apologize, because even though he responded to Beth's post, he was addressing all of us who are going through this horrible disease and the terrifying treatments.

Beth, Hang in there.It is good that you vent somewhere.Here is a good place.I am an old tough guy,I have survived many life threatening experiances (sp) and I want to tell you that I have been and still am scared of the many ups and downs this disease throws on us.We are always here for you when you need us.

As for Bill's earlier post let it roll off you,there is enough to be dealt with as it is.I would like to think that Bill meant no ill intent,as he being a caretaker for someone he loves is as upset with this disease as the rest of us are.

Here's hoping that your remaining treatments go well and easy for you & kick the heck out of the cancer.

Helo Beth,

I can understand how scary this is for you. I do hope you can find someone to go to the chemo sessions with you. I have a tip for you, ask the nurses to put you in a common room rather than a room by yourself. Even though I was not the one having the chemo, I was scared for my husband. I found this was a good way of taking our minds off what was going on. I met so many friendly and concerned people in this way and also enjoyed watching all the nurses interacting and going cheerfully about their work.

I will be thinking about you. Paddy

Beth,

Who is not afraid of the unknown? Well, some unknowns are easier than others but we are talking about cancer treatment and our desire to live long lives with our spouses and children. The anticipation of taking the steriods would have me anixous never mind potential side effects from a new treatment.

There will always be people here with open hearts and worlds of support.

Best of luck to you with the treatment - know that there is an end - I will be thinking about you.

Beth - just another word of support from Dave and I. Hang in there kiddo.

Also, to everyone else who was taken back by the unbelievably sarcastic response to Beths plea for support, Karen and I as well as others here have received numerous emails and pm's ranging from suppotive fom many, many individuals and downright nastiness from only one individual. I really like to stay away from controversy but I would like to ask in public that he at least apologize to Beth (justakid) even if he can't find it in himself to apologize to everyone who disagrees with his attitude and approach.

God Bless us all (and I sincerely mean that),

Karen C.

Well treatment was Tuesday, knock on wood so far so good. The steriods were rough but we cut the doseage some because of my reaction. I have been sleeping well at night and drinking plenty of water. Lots of pain in the legs, arm and scalp (of all places!). My radiation throat has been giving me all kinds of grief (maybe that means it's almost done now after a month!)

Anyway, so far so good, knocking on lots of wood and praying that we hold steady where we are! Thanks for all the support, just wanted to give an update.

Maybe your wondering why I am up at 2:30am when I have been sleeping so well. My husband has been working night shift this week because of the upcoming Nascar Race, my mother has been staying with me and she couldn't sleep so I sent her home to her own bed.

Night!

Hi Beth,

Glad to see your treatment was a little better this time. Hopefully as each day passes it will be a better day for you. Hopefully your sleeping patterns will improve also.

I also want to apologize to you Beth. Karen was right about Bill's statement to you. Way to go Karen. Bill was out of line. I am sorry I didn't call him on it too in my earlier post. If we can't vent here where can we.

Best wishes,

Dee