Sign in to follow this  
Marie's girl

Marie Foley.....became an angel 10/15/04

Very sorry to hear about your mother. Sounds like she was a very special lady. My mother's name was Marie too and she also died of cancer. It seems every person named Marie that I have ever met was very sweet. Prayers for you and your family. The rememberences were very nice.

Sharon

Elaine,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It never gets easier to read of someone's passing from this disease. It is obvious from the memorial book, that your mother was a special woman, and the world was better for having her in it. As someone who has also lost a mother to this disease, I wish you the strength to get through this time. It will never heal, but it will get better. Please know many thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nicki

--Mom dx'd 12/00, died 3/23/01 at age 43.

I am so grateful for the outpouring of your responses.

It has been a month of many emotions. Sadness, humor, relief and emptiness. I miss my Mom more than I ever thought possible. But not a day goes by when I don't smile. I smile because she was that kind of person. Always smiling and always doing. Even when she was dying she was so kind to everyone who was helping her. Never a nasty word came out of her mouth.

She kept forgetting who I was. I would ask her if I was "Elaine" and she would say "no". I would say "Mom, you know who I am. She would say I really don't. All I know is that you are a very pretty lady. I think you are an angel".....and I smiled....and so did she.

With love,

Elaine