HEBBIE WERE ARE YOU

RAY A

Hey Ray,

Boy, are WE thinking on the same waves!!! I just emailed her last night to check on her. I sure hope she is doing well! I haven't heard anything either, but hope she will drop a line to the board.

How are YOU doing Brother Ray???? Hope all is going well with you TOO!!!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are so sweet!

Yes, I have been missing in action for the past two months - - treatment got a little rough! That one-two punch with the radiation and chemo can really knock a girl for a loop! I finished treatment up about a month ago and I'm feeling pretty good except for a seriously difficult time swallowing! My esophogous must have been pretty charred and the docs are doing a scope down my throat later this week to see if it is still just healing or if there is an infection of some sort going on. I just want to be able to eat!!! I maintained my weight all through rad/chemo and have lost 10 pounds since I ENDED treatment! I'm STARVING all the time but can't seem to find anything that doesn't hurt!

I have discovered that I had an easier time (mentally) during treatment than I have had since ending it. At least while undergoing treatment I felt like I was DOING something. Now I feel like a sitting duck....

Ray -- how are you doing with treatment???

Hi Heather,

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Its areally good sign that you're hungry. My dad had very bad burning in his throat after rad and they told him to get some sort of powdered supplement, I cant think off hand the name of it but it really helped him within a couple of days. I will check some paperwork I have and I'll let you know. I know we purchased it in a health food store and if I remember correctly it started with a G. I try to find out. Hope you get some relief soon.

Hope you get the swallowing under control real soon. You sound like such a strong woman, you're no sitting duck..... you are letting your body rebound from a very taxing treatment. I wish you the best.

Jane

HI Heather, I'm glad you are on the rebound. It takes time to heal and get back to our old selves, give yourself plenty of that. I was lucky with the radition never had a problem eating after it and my body let me know as I have gained almost 50lbs and I wasn't small to begin with.

Great to see you back posting and not awol any longer!lol

Im glad Ray went looking for you, and glad you are done with treatments. My father is IIIa but still undergoing adjuviant chemo. He's been delayed due to low blood counts. But it is inspiring to hear you are finished. You are no sitting duck!!! You will do great!!

Hay Heather, How you doing girl. We missed You. Since You have been away My cancer has spread to my adrenal glands and I started chemo 4 weeks ago. Just finished my first cycle and ready to start my second cycle this week. Doing pretty good with it. Nice to see you back. :D:D:D

P.S. notice how big we got, 450+ members :o:o