Good news -- I think -- but I'll take it

gail

Oncologist left a message yesterday--he hadn't seen the films yet, only the reports--said that after he and the radiologist looked at the films both felt the 5 mm nodule was "insignificant"

NOW :!::!: before anyone gets excited, he did mention that 5 mm was too small to biopsy or PET scan, and I am seeing him in early January. And when I started to second guess him last night in my head, I remembered him reminding me more than twice that he is also a spouse of a cancer patient (lymphoma).

Mammo and ultrasound on right breast is Monday, and I see that surgeon on Tuesday. Am scheduling a facial Tuesday morning . . . 8)

gail

Gail,

I admire your confidence in your doctor, and your ability to appropriately shelve this away. I read somewhere earlier today in the newcommers column a statement from a woman who inspired me to live today as before cancer diagnosis. I think you are doing just that. It sounds as if your medical check ups are just as important as your facial appointments. :wink: And from the looks of your photo, they are both working.

My next check up is January too. I will shelve the "stuff" on the last CT away until then...what else can we do?

Congratulations. If your expert says it's good news, then it's good news.

Cindi o'h

Hi Gail,

Just wanted to share with you that I too have a nodule we have been watching for over a year. Mine started out to be a 4 mm nodule, and has grown in to be an 8 to 9 mm nodule. I have my CT scan report right here in front of me, which I just had done last Monday. It says NO CHANGE. The 8/9 mm nodule has been that size for over 5 months now and I have a CT done every 4 months to keep an eye on it. (doctor's orders)! :) And your right they are toooooo small to biopsy. I can't tell you how many people have asked me that same question! But, it's nice to know people care!!! :)

Also, I have a very dear friend that lives in Iowa who is a soon to be 6 year lung cancer survivor and she had 2 nodules that they were watching for about 3 years. Low and behold they went away and nothing showed up on her last two CT scans. Soooooo?????? Those little buggers just hang around to drive us NUTS!!! :roll:

It's a good feeling when you know you can trust your Doctor and know he has your best interest in mind. I know I feel that way about my Doc's!

But, I also know I'm not there only patient, so I do keep track of things as well, incase they get too busy. 8)

Have fun doing your facial you lucky lady you!!!

Congrat's on the good news!!! And yes, I see it as good news also!!!

((((((GAIL)))))))