COUGHED UP BLOOD

enyaw061032

I'm not sure if I should say I coughed up a small amount of blood or if I cleared my throat and coughed up blood, but the point is, there was bright red blood on my kleenex, with a very small blood clot. I am scared half to death right now. I had coughed up blood originally is how I was diagnosed with lung cancer, and had my lung surgery on Nov 17th, about 2-1/2 months ago. This is the first time I have seen blood after having the surgery and supposedly healing.

HELP!

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks

Barb

Barb--I would call the doctor IMMEDIATELY and if they are closed, talk to the answering service and have them call your doctor in case they want to do something this weekend.

I have no experience at all with this, but i just know that is what I would do if my mom just said what you said :)

Barb-

Call your doctor immediately, I don't care that it's the weekend! It could be irratation BUT, I just was dx Stage 4 after finishing treatment in Oct. I now firmly believe you CAN NOT over react when it comes to this crap!

Please call, and let me know what they say!

It could be nothing!

I honestly know how scared you are, as I said I just found out yesterday that mine is back in both lungs after only 4mths! PM me if you need someone. I'm pretty hysterical right now but still here if you need me!

I coughed up a very small amount each time when I would hack up, that went on for 7 or so months, then it stopped. My take was it is from the lymph involvement in the bronchial area. I got that, sort of, from doctors and nurses, but that’s just my take on it. If it means anything. I hacked it up for that long period of time and so far so good, other than it would sometimes scare the **** out of me. Yours could very well be from the surgery, just passing on some thoughts, don’t take them for gospel.

Good luck in your fight

Bo

A few weeks ago John coughed up some blood. Our oncologist was out of town so we went to the PCP. He said it was most likely a small vessel that had broken in the lung. Sure enough it stopped in a day or so. He had just had a scan so we knew it wasn't the cancer growing.

THANKS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP! I was so thankful to hear from you about my problem. I wanted to let you know what happened.

I went to emergency room; they did an x-ray but didn't find the cause of my coughing up the blood; and offered to admit t me in the hospital but I couldn't see any reason for that, so said no. I am going to see my pulmonologist Monday. I haven't coughed up any more blood, and hope I don't, but I have been absolutely crazy with worry. I can't get it off my mind, but have to do so. My pulmonologist was out for weekend!

I am trying to stay busy and quit worrying so much, but it's hard.

You know, every thing that happens--every pain--everything that is remotely a problem causes me great anxiety! My husband said I was driving him crazy and I had to "get ahold of myself" but it's hard.

Thanks again, everybody

Barb

Barb

Barb,

I am so glad that you went to ER and nothing showed up on chest xray. At least you can relax a bit over the weekend.

I just rememberd something with my mom, she thought she coughed up blood once, but it wasn't from the chest, it was just a speck of blood from the nose/sinus area

Hi Barb.

I know what it feels like to cough blood...not fun. That in itself to any normal person creates anxiety.

Okay. so you were checked out at the ER. Hubby says get a grip. My grip comes in a little bottle from the pharmacy. Those little things are there for a reason. If you don't have a supply, maybe you want to consider it...?

Yours,

cindi o'h