NO CHEMO AGAIN FOR DAVE

Remembering Dave

OK, EVERYONE, ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE "EVERYDAY" MIRACLES!

When Dave went in for his zometa (IV for bone growth) on Thursday they did a CBC and his platelet count was 103,000! And why am I JUST now posting this? well, because he didn't tell me!! He was on the phone this morning with my mother and told her! then I got on the phone with her and she told me!

Sometimes he is just so out of it . . . crazy guy. and last night he got muscle cramps and was up for four hours, so today he's a real wreck........

but his platelet count came up from 78,000 on tuesday to 103,000 on Thursday! thank you God for that little miracle!

tomorrow, Saturday, we go to our big cancer center for a brain MRI for him. now, he just had one two weeks ago where the neurosurgeon declared his peas to be radiation damage, not mets, but now he's having some other strange symptoms, numbness in chin, fingers and toes, and he fell going up the steps the other day, so the onco doc wants another brain MRI this time to look at the bottom of his brain, instead of the top where the peas are? I didn't know you could get different brain MRIs, I thought they all did the whole brain. so here we go. I feel certain it's nothing, he's barely mentioned the symptoms to me, and I sure hope I'm right.

On another, nice note, we have a dear family friend, mother of one of Dave's coworkers, she's in her 50's I think, anyway, she is a kidney cancer survivor of some years. she gets scans every six months, and her most recent scan showed nodules in both lungs, so she had needle biopsy, and the bedside pathology showed cancer. we were all upset and numbed by this news, but then their doc called today and said the full pathology came up, NOT CANCER. whoppee, another miracle, and one she said she prayed hard for!

anyway, have a good Easter!

God Bless,

Karen

Pat, I need constant Grace for the Moment. I am an anxious wreck. so much to take care of. today Faith let the dog out of the house and he just took off. I went looking for him in the car but couldn't find him so went on in to town with Faith. Had two nasty phone messages from some woman about 1/3 mile away about him wandering their neighborhood. nasty. I felt like calling back and saying, hey, I'm alone with a three year old and my husband has some potentially deadly cancer, can't you be a little nicer? but I just erased the message.

this after a very anxious ridden afternoon that I won't go into here.

after going into town for Dave' brain MRI.

Ginny, no bites on the house yet darn it all, two lookers yesterday and one Thursday. that's almost 40 including the open house. I'm really ready to get it sold and move. I mean I'm about worn out to my limit with this, and the constant running back and forth to town, not even including work.

My mom is doing OK. not tolerating chemo well so not getting much of it, therefore, not feeling too bad. To her that's great. to me, that's not so great. but I can see things changing in her, like the CONSTANT worrying over me and Dave, the need to know every single detail about every aspect of my daily life (like I have time to even repeat all of it!) and lots of other controlling type behavior which is making me even more anxious, but I see her needing to control something if she can't control herself.

Dave needed to be alone, he swore it's not me, and he went into town and got a hotel room. so I'm all alone dealing with all my demons plus a tired fussy clingy needy three year old who I just thankfully put down to bed. A virtual sleeping angel. Hell on wheels when awake . . . what a blessing.

well, I've said way too much here myself. time to take some sort of drug and try to pass out in front of an old law and order rerun.

Blessings,

Karen

I'm with you kid! Ready to run away, but I can't get away from myself. Everything that you and Dave are feeling is running through me (except the optimism I know Dave has - ain't got that).

We gotta hang in there cause there is nothing left but to hang on! Kyle is sick again and here I am unable to truelly take care of him like I should. He knows how guilty I feel for it and just hugs me and tells me it's OK.

Hang in there Karen I'm not far away and understand!

Dave have chemo Monday? I go for sound three on Wednesday!

Went to buy "fat" clothes today, went up 4 sizes! Had to go in a wheelchair, could barely walk! Exhausting!

Karen,

Sorry you are having to go through this bad time. Is it possible

to rent out your house and move into town? Just a suggestion. Not

aware of how things are back there, I know in CA it would

be easy to do... Praying it gets easier for you and Dave's results are good. Praying things start to turn around for you kids. You've had enough

on your plate. Prayers for your mom too.Please keep us posted...

You are an awesome lady and so respected..

God Bless,prayers and hugs,

Karen

Karen, It seems crazy the there isn't anything except marrow transplant for the platlet counts to come up. What about just blood transfusion? I'm sure your Doc has thought of that but I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm sorry to hear David is having this bloody problem. I am praying for him and your family. Good luck.

Rachel