Kasey's story in the MY STORY forum

Maryanne

Hi Kasey,

Glad you came out of the darkness and shared that with us. You don't have to be shy, we don't bite :D

What a great, inspirational story!! Thank you again for sharing that. I am so glad that you researched and found this site. Talk about a life saver!!

The light at the end of that tunner, gets brighter and brighter every day.

Welcome to today and many many tomorrows.

Maryanne

Thank you for the welcome. I sure am looking forward to sitting up at the bar at Cindi's parties now - insead of WAY back in the corner. Hope there is something to celebrate soon.

By the way - I do need to change and update my signature. But it has taken me since Novembe to get this far. I think I probably need a little bit more time to accomplish that daunting task!

Kasey,

Your story brought tears to my eyes, too. My experience isn't nearly as interesting, but I did want to tell you that I was one of those 2:00 a.m. internet searches - FOR 6 MONTHS. I searched and searched and searched for anything that was even a tiny bit hopefull - anything that didn't say "mean survival 7.5 months" (or less).

I saw some of the "support group" links as I did all this surfing, but wasn't interested. I only wanted INFORMATION to save my husband's life. I wasn't looking for support. One day, I was searching for some medical term or something and was somehow connected to this site.

I recall the first thing that caught my eye was the pictures of real people, so I started reading. It took a while for me to join in because I had never participated in even a chat session online, but to make a long story short, here I am. I've been here for over a year, made friends, and talk way too much.

One thing I quit doing after I found this site: I quit surfing the web. Everything I needed was right here - information, love, support, and other people to encourage with my husband's unbelievable success so far.

Don't be shy. Keep talking to us and WELCOME!

Love,

Peggy