New to this site, 16 months cancer free

Welcome to our group of survivors. Everyday we live past the day of diagnosis we are surviving lung cancer. 16 months of surviving deserves some congratulations. We know that the road you have come has been with bumps. Would like to get to know more about you.

Welcome!

Cindi o'h

A BIG welcome to iowagirl and her best friend, NED. We are SO happy to have you join us. We do look forward to hearing a little bit more about your journey.

We ALL love to see 16 months survival!!! Makes everyone here hopeful. So sit back, put your feet up, and be ready to join in the family's love and support of everyone here!!!!

Kasey

Hi Pam,

Welcome to our site. Wonderful news that you are NED!! We love news like that.

Since you are a 16 month survivor please share your story with us. It will help give so many people on here hope.

Again, Welcome!!

Maryanne

Thanks for the welcome, yes NED & I are great friends. My regular Dr. accidently found the lung tumor (8x8cm)upper left lobe 8/24/03 during a chest Xray. CT scan 8/26/03, report from Dr on 8/29/03 and on my way to Mayo by 5 pm that day. Under went tests, NSCLC confirmed 10/6/03. 1st surgery 10/13/03 to check and remove suspicious nodes in chest. Started 3 rounds Carboplatin/Taxol 10/23/03. Left Thoracotomy 1/14/04 with wedge excision for 0.3cm

tumor lower left lobe. Started 33 rads in conjunction with 3 rounds carboplain/taxol on March 7th.

Have been cancer free since the surgery on 1/14/04.

No longer work but volunteer on chemo days at Oncology Clinic. Attended WALC in Orlando on 5/13/05

and wroking with LCA to spread the word about lung cancer killing more people than Breast, Colon and Prostate put together. Hoping to raise awareness and raise funds for research.

Hi Pam,

Glad to see you got on board and jumped right in here. I don't post much here these days, but just knew the welcome wagon would roll out for you. It was WONDERFUL to meet you at the WALC meeting in Orlando on Friday. I am sure you will continue to promote support and inspiration to many. I am trying to become more active in this fight myself and the WALC meeting has renewed my commitment :wink:.

DonnaB

Welcome Pam, glad you found us. Your volunteer work I am sure means a lot to those going through treatment, seeing the "Survivor" . Please keep us posted now that we know you are out there. Donna G