1 year mark

jorja

I just wanted to tell everyone that it was one year ago that my dad was diagnosed with SCLC. This past June a CT scan confirmed that his tumour was gone and the cancer has not spread. We have been very fortunate of this. September 7th he goes for his 3 month check up. It is weird to think that september 7 of last year was his first chemo session. This last year has gone by so fast, that it seems like yesterday that my mom told me that the doctor found "something" in my dad's lungs. The news of the confirmation of SCLC was absolutely devastating to me as I was starting my career as an elementary school teacher.

It wasn't until I found this site, that I learned that you are not by yourself. Although it sucks that people on this board have cancer or have a loved one with it, it is nice to know that people here understand and that you are not by yourself. All that I am saying is that it is nice to know that others are going through the same process.

Love,

Jorja

Jorja, how wonderful that your dad can celebrate one year of beating cancer! So very very thankful he has made it to that mark. I have no doubt that you and your mom have been a big contributor to his well being.

will continue in prayer for all three of you with lots of thanksgiving. pammie