No rash

kickincancer

The dr. told mom that if the tarceva is working she would most likely have a rash. Well no rash yet. She started taking it on Sunday. I am beginning to get a bit worried. I know I posted about this earlier and most people said they broke out around day 3 or 4. I hope I am not running this in the ground but I am definetly freaked out. Hope all is well with each of you.

My wife was around a week or so before she got a rash and it did hit hard. Everyone reacts differently. She went through over 2 and a 1/2 years before she lost her hair. Max Radiation and 5 chemo drugs. Some worked better than others. Hang in there and Think positive I've been.

We have had many people get the rash and not have the Tarceva work. Also, some have no rash and it works. The same thing was said about Iressa and it did not seem to be true, in fact our onc said it was not true. So just hope it works and stop watching for the rash.

Iressa and Tarceva have worked really well for me and all I have ever just looks like mild acne. It's never been really bad. I don't think my face started to break out when I first took Iressa until about 10 days into it. Too soon to tell what the Tarceva will do for your mom. No reason to believe it's not going to work for her!

Leslie

My mom has no rash but very dry skin on her face, ears, arms and mild diarrhea. She just had a really good scan too!!! I freaked out too when I didn't see the rash!!! I was convinced it wasn't working but it is. Ry is right about people having the rash and it not working for them! The rash is like the statistics- can't be trusted!!! Keep me posted!!