PICC in and still no answers....

Fay A.

Had my PICC put in the left arm today. Also had an MRI of part of the right side of the chest. Don't yet have any answers. I was pretty sick over Thanksgiving (family members came down with a stomach virus early on Turkey Day and it hit me after Turkey Day.)so I wasn't really looking that hard for answers until yesterday. I'll let you know when I know something. I'm just very tired of dealing with this kind of thing.

Fay, who WOULDN'T be tired of it? any time you need a rest, let us know. we're here for leaning on. I remember the FIRST time Brat responded to a post of mine, they said "come on in and rest a spell". I wish I could really, really offer you that.

instead, just love and prayers.

xoxo

amie

Ok Fay dear, you have had an overflowing plate this year. It is time that plate starts emptying and you can have some easy times. That flu is no fun and you certainly did not need it on top of all else.

How is the house coming? Is that almost finished? Hopefully it is so you have a beautiful place to get well in (I know I ended a sentence with a preposition).

Oh Fay--

You have had way too much to deal with and who needs a case of the flu on top of all else. I recall your post where you were so looking forward to Thanksgiving and wanting to make it memorable. Not FAIR!!! You deserve a break here -- and right now.

I too would like to hear about the renovations. Is your kitchen usable or is it useable yet? I recall it was in a real mess.

(((Fay)))

gail p-m

The Contractor is back. He is doing the work, but he is using bottom of the line materials when we paid for better (received pine trim when he was supposed to use maple) and the quality of the work is not the professional level we paid for. The plumbing is going in today, and he has called in a licensed plumber for this part of the job, but we don't know if the work behind the walls is okay because the guy who did it is also the same guy who did the electrical work that had to be redone. This man was presented as a licensed electrician and plumber. I've recently learned that he isn't. The General Contractor still has not paid the cabinet maker for his work, and we owe him much less on the remainder of the job than he owes the cabinet maker for his work. I am worried about whether or not the plumber has been paid or if I'm going to get hit with a mechanic's lien by the plumber.

I don't know if any of you watched Sunday Night's episode of Extreme Home Makeover, but our situation is not as bad as the featured couple. They have small children and ours are young adults. Their entire house was torn apart, and only half of the first floor of mine (the Kitchen, utility room, and part of the Livingroom) was demolished. The dust levels and debris have been horrific (the contract required that the site be vaccuumed and dust free at the end of each work day) and we paid for that service, too, but it was not done. So though our situation was not as dire as the couple featured on EHM, it still was not easy to deal with the biopsy gone bad, the 4th thoracotomy, the diagnosis of yet another recurrence, and everything else under the circumstances. We often wished we had a place we could stay to get away from the mess, even if it was only a single room. And the job was, in essense, abandoned for months with no communication with the contractor because he refused to take our calls, allowed his voice mail box to fill up, had his young teenage children answer the telephone and take messages for return calls he would never make. It has been stressful to say the least. My husband and I are letting him "finish" the work because I cannot take any more of the stress from this. I am physically ill because of the conditions we are living under. I have to have a way to cook in something other than a crockpot, microwave or grill, and I need a way to wash dishes that is more sterile than the bathroom sink or outside spigot. I start chemo in less than a week. I can't handle this any more. It has been 4 full months for a job that was supposed to be done in 2 months. I've reached my limit. I may or may not have a functioning Kitchen by Christmas. I am hoping so. But any joy I may have found in this place is just gone. We worked very hard and for a long time to be able to have this house updated. I plan on making certain this fellow will not easily do to others what he had done to us and several other families over the past year.

Oh Fay,

Can't believe the situation with the contractor that you still find yourself in. I'm sure what you need is a good lawyer BUT you have to reserve your strength for your lc fight right now. What has happened to you is just not right, not right! And to be living in the conditions that you have to endure can't be healthy -- all that stress too. Is it at all possible for you to rent a tiny place right now, at least with a stove, oven, kitchen sink....?? Those costs can just go in the lawsuit later on but you need to have everything that you can going for you as you battle this lc beast.

Prayers and ((((Fay))))

gail p-m

:shock:

Omigosh! I don't want to ask what more can be piled on you ('cause there's always something more out there.) But, its like you want to shout at the Universe, "OK! Have I proved I'm strong? Will you give me a break now!?"

I wish there was something I could do for you to make even a part of this easier. Sending caring thoughts and strength seems pretty feeble (thanks, Pat - good word) but it's all I can do.

Feebly yours,

Leslie