Scans time plus for Mike -updated 12-12

shineladysue

Hi Sue,

You guys are going through so much right now. But I know he will feel so much better after they stretch his espohagas.

It's a good idea for him to stay away from the chemo during the holidays and to enjoy it as much as you both can.

Fingers and toes crossed for Monday with good results.

Prayes sent.

Maryanne

Hello Everyone,

Not too much I can add to the last results. Saw the oncologist today and the good news was that there is no progression beyond the original tumors in the lung and adrenal gland, but the lung tumor is wrapping around the esophagus. This is causing Mike problems with eating and coughing . He will go to the gastroenterologist on the 29th to hopefully dilate his esophagus so he can eat. It's so hard to wait. In the meantime, he was given cough meds so he can suppress his cough at night and he has his next chemo treatment of etoposide pills, but he wants to wait to start them. We weren't all that happy with these reports, but were prepared to make the best of them even though all Mike can eat is soups and very small stuff, milkshakes etc.. But..... we came home and he coughed up some blood... he called back and they said if it's not better in a couple days to get with the pulmonologist. .... I'm not so happy with that answer either. So far , it was just a little bit, but will use our judgement on that one. I realize this report is all over the place... guess it reflects how I feel at this point. We can only take it one day at a time and try to dwell on the positives and try to eliminate the negatives. We believe strongly in prayer , as well. Gonna jump out of here for now. Thank you to everyone for asking about us and wishing us well, prayers and all. It means so much.

Love,

Sue

Continued prayers for both you and Mike. I know how very hard this waiting can be. It does seem like the 29th is a long time to wait since this problem is affecting his ability to eat. I'm so very sorry to hear that he is having these problems. Please remember I'm here and ready to listen.

Hi Sue,

I am sorry for all you and Mike are going. All this uncertainty is unnerving.

I know some people on here have had their esophagas stretch or some kind of other procedure that worked fine.

I will continue to send mega prayers out to Mike.

Try to relax and keep that positve attitude going. You guys are really special and I feel everything will work out fine.

Maryanne