"Good air sounds"

beckyg

I saw the oncologist this morning. He looked at me like I was crazy (happens almost every visit) when I said I was planning to teach full time this semester. But he also said that he could hear air in my entire right lung, which is new and different. He couldn't hear any fluid in there (I knew that--my cough has become very dry lately). I am not sure if the change is just from radiation pneumonitis healing or if there is a difference because of the tumor shrinking (I hope, I hope), but he was optimistic that the Iressa is working. Won't know for sure until next month (unless of course something else goes wrong and I get an unexpected scan), but it is nice to have the oncologist being optimistic.

I climbed the stairs to the second floor today! I was breathing hard when i got to the top, but recovered quickly--just walked slowly, didn't need to sit down and pant. I am doing most tihngs these days, but I can't carry my daughter much anymore. But she is three years old and 33 pounds--time for her to start getting over wanting to be carried anyway!

Becky

Things sound as if they are improving...it all takes time and we wish it would go faster! The teaching plans are ambitious but may be just what you need to keep you motivated and focused on other things besides LC. Wishing the best for you.

The teaching is good for me mentally, emotionally, and certainly financially. But it comes down to the fact the I feel good right now and can handle the job. The future is too uncertain to take a semester off while I feel okay. Mentally, I learned in the last six months that it is a whole lot easier for me to be optimistic when I have someplace to go and something to do everyday.

I won't be running up those stairs anytime soon--just keep plodding up them slowly for a while. I learned this morning that I should hold off on vacuuming for a bit too!

Becky