Hi Friends!!

Just an update: My mom's third chemo session went, ONCE AGAIN, very smoothly! She was her usual animated self (it also seems like the medication she takes hours before the chemo gets her loopy....but in a fun way!!) and had the oncologists and fellow patients, smiling and laughing! Her blood levels were down a bit, but nothing major....Her weight has basically been stable, but she has lost 5 pounds in 5 weeks (is that okay?)....Next week, she is off chemo, then resumes March 15th, for 3 more. Her radiation has been every weekday (25 times, she will have radiation). She LOVES the techs who help her, during radiation. She calls them her young bucks LOL! At 70, she still has a lot of spunk! Honestly, I seem to be more tired than she is, lately. My sisters all have colds. My husband's back is out! My son has strep throat. But mom feels fine! As she keeps saying, "I'm healthy....other than the cancer." It's amazing! I do know, this can change (her hair, after 3 and a half weeks still hasn't fallen out....it's thinned a bit, but does it always fall out? She doesn't care, either way....she has picked up some fun scarves!) I want to add a picture of her soon! I just need to download it, to the computer. She is such a character and I'd like to put a face to name Rosie. Does anyone know how to put a picture, on the bottom, where the treatment info. is? Big hugs to you all and I hope that your days are filled with love, happiness, hope, and laughter!

Jodi -

So thrilled to hear that your mom is doing well..and that her attitude is so positive. It makes such a difference, especially as the chemo starts to kick-in more. What protocol is she on? Is it Gemzar/carbo or taxotere? It is great that the weight is staying on and that she feels well.

Embrace the good times. They are so important. I pray that you have many, many more of them!

Love,

Holly

Hi Jodi,

Sounds like your Mom is doing well. That's great! My Dad is 74 and he has a lot of spunk left in him, too. He played golf all last summer and even though he's not that great right now, he's playing pool two times a week! And he says he's playing some of the best pool he's ever played. :) A good attitude goes a long way!

PS. I would also like to know how to add a picture below the profile too and how do you make the font in the profile smaller??

All the best.

Sherri

Hi Jodi,

Sounds like your Mom is doing well. That's great! My Dad is 74 and he has a lot of spunk left in him, too. He played golf all last summer and even though he's not that great right now, he's playing pool two times a week! And he says he's playing some of the best pool he's ever played. :) A good attitude goes a long way!

PS. I would also like to know how to add a picture below the profile too and how do you make the font in the profile smaller??

All the best.

Sherri

Hi Jodi,glad to hear your mom is handling this all so well.Both the chemo and the radiation are cumulative and after a while it really knocked me for a loop.Rosie seems to be doing ok with it.

I had the same type chemo and never lost all my hair but it thinned and didn't grow for a while either.

I had to have Katie help me post the picture at the bottom of the post.There is a link on how to do that I think it was in the Technical Forum.

Hi Jodi,glad to hear your mom is handling this all so well.Both the chemo and the radiation are cumulative and after a while it really knocked me for a loop.Rosie seems to be doing ok with it.

I had the same type chemo and never lost all my hair but it thinned and didn't grow for a while either.

I had to have Katie help me post the picture at the bottom of the post.There is a link on how to do that I think it was in the Technical Forum.

Jodi,

For some reason... when I read about your mom... I couldn't stop smiling... The way you describe her, she just sounds wonderful and like quite a character. My Dad had absolutely NO side effects from his Chemo regiman... he was 75 years of age at diagnosis... his hair thinned abit and that was it... he always felt great and I am hoping and praying the same is true for your Mom. He use to go out for lunch with my Mom after the Chemo treatments!!

I hope you get a pic of her up soon as I personally would love to see our "Rosie".... Keep us posted and tell her I am praying for her!! Love, Sharon