Do you think "we" are more prone to puemonia

nonni

Hi again....Just laying here wondering from my sick bed if we as LC survivor's are more susceptable to pneumonia and other lung issue's.....

In many of the profile's I have read about people with pneumonia...scares the bejesus out of you...First time I have had it and hoping the last....the coughing and hacking is just awful...feels like your ribs will break...

Katie B....Yes I think this flu test is relatively new...heard about it about a year ago...but not before than...and some one else said....great news about "just' being pneumonia...ha

Pam from Florida...you got that right....no Pam's do anything half a$$......I think we now have 3 Pam's here...you in Florida...one goes by Pammy and me PamS.

Ok guys ...have a great day and stay well...thinking of you alway's...God speed for a cure...

hugs..PamS.

My dx came from a bout of pneumonia and I had it again last summer.

As soon as I started a cold in January with an awful cough my PCP sent me for xrays even though she couldn't hear anything in my lungs.

She said that could it always be a problem.

Geri

Hi Pam, Yes I think we are more likely to get it. I keep a supply of cough syrup (plus those pain pills that also stop the cough) on hand at all times, just in case I get sick and start to cough over the weekend or while I'm on vacation. We both teach, so it is a constant battle to avoid the cold or flu.

I catch the crud from students about twice a year and it always scares me. Knowing that perfectly healthy young people catch it and suffer too makes me feel better somehow. :twisted: Barb

I have read over and over again that recurring pneumonia is a symptom of lung cancer. Once I was diagnosed I never worried about pneumonia again-duh!

I work with students who alway have something. My other problem is that the weather has been cold and rainy and my hair has not grown back fully. I wear a wig during the day and a little cloth cap in the house and I sleep in one also. Otherwise I get a really bad cold.

I have had pneumonia twice since diagnosis and those were the first times in my life. I have had a pneumonia shot and get flu vaccinated every Fall. Pneumonia shot lasts about 10 years I was told. Ha!

Lungs are very fragile after treatment. Cannot properly clean themselves.

Cindi o'h

• 4 weeks later...

Removed half of right lung July 04...came out of surgery with pneumonia in both (1 1/2) lungs and directly to the ventilator, unconconscious for ten days. Been hospitalized 4 times since with pneumonia and once more with congestive heart failure. Yes, no question about it, definitely more susceptible.