newbie to nodule ville

Kennetha

Went for my physical on 02-17-06,chest x-ray: suspect mild emphysenatous changes with basilar scarring, no acute finding detected. With my mother passing with lc 9 years ago, and previous chest x-ray 01-04, was within normal limits, she stated that I needed a ct w/wo contrast. Lungs are clear except 3.0 mm non calcified pleural based nodule left upper lobe, linear scarring versus atelectasis involving r middle lobe and lingula.. Impression: minor linear atelectasis versus scarring involving right middle lobe and lingula. No mention of the nodule. I see pulmonary this thursday. I do not know what to expect, guess what I am trying to say is I am scared to death. I was searching the net and come across this site. I am sorry this is so long. Any additional info would be appreciated.

Hi...you are not alone. My hubby and I went for screening ct scans and both were found to have noncalcified nodules.They usually watch them with repeat ct scans over a two year period.They are too small to biopsy...and pet scans on small nodules tend to be inconclusive.If they do not grow or change...they are usually ok.I know it can be scary...the waiting is hard. My hubby and I go for repeat ct scans on March 31...hoping the little buggers dont grow. I have TONS of info on these and I have researched like crazy.If you have any more questions let me know...I am sure you doc will be helpful whwn you go...best of luck Deb

I get really scared, most of the time when I try to research, it always comes up lc. I know this is a possibility, but I do know it could be from TB, rheumatoid arthritis, and other things. I guess the reason I brought up the arthritis is, my ana titer is elevated, I guess it is only human that we try to convince ourselves it is something other than lc. I do know after a certain age + other factors, the percentage go up between bengin or malignancy. I am 48 + smoker. I have tried to put this out of my mind and just wait until Thursday, but it is really hard to do.

My prayers are with you and yours

Thanks Kennetha

Hi, just hang in there. I have nodules in my right lung, (not much left of my left lung) they are about 9mm to 1.2 cm. The radiologist and oncologist are not concerned. Just think positive thoughts and I will keep you in my prayers. Lung Cancer is not a death sentence - read some of the stories on this board - lots of survivors.

Take care,

Nancy B

Of course I am no doctor, but it does not sound like lung cancer to me. From what you have written it sounds more like scarring or infection. Waiting is one of the hardest parts of diagnosis. I will pray that all is well.

Prayers

Went to doc this a.m. She is not concerned at this point. She stated just like what is in this forum, 3mm to small, she explained that if they went in for biopsy that it could do more harm than good, because of the size. The scarring versus atalectasis, she feels that it is scarring, she also says that this nodule could be scarring also, she has ordered a pft test next wednesday, guess if the test shows copd, then more than likely it is scarring. Follow up scan is in June, then back to doc a week later. I do feel some what relieved. Before I left I ask the doc to show me the scans, and to explain where everything was, she could not find the nodule, is that good or bad.

Something funny, when I received my check out papers with the cost, I noticed, there was a charge for simple exercise in the amount of 70.00, the only thing I did was walked up the hall two times.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers

love & hugs to each

Kennetha

This is great news. Kind of thought you it would be! :wink: You don't need us, and that's the GOOD NEW!! But, if and I hope that IF never happens that you do need us, you know where to find up. Go enjoy life! If I wasn't a lung cancer survivor I wouldn't be hanging out here! :wink:

Life is good, go enjoy it!