what should I do?

Hello all....

Mom has been getting pretty sick the last couple of days, this morning she is still in bed, very unusual, and she is miserable. She is really sick this morning. No fever, but sick none-the-less.

Her pain has been horrible and untreatable, I've given her 120mgs of oxycontin yesterday and it didn't knock it out like it used to. She was still in tears until she finally fell asleep lastnight. She can't eat, and says that she can't get up, she says that she "is too sick". I don't know why or how she is sick, just "sick".

I may be over reacting, but this just isn't like mom, I plan on calling the doc this morning when the office opens. I just don't trust the "jerk".

In y'all's (is that a word?) opinion, do you think I should be so worried or just wait and see if she gets a fever? The highest it got yesterday was 99.5 so I didn't think she needed to see a doc. I'm a little scared today.

thanks so much...... I've learned that no question is a silly question on this board.

Honestly renee, my dad was in really bad shape last week. he has been hospitalized since friday hooked up to IV aftre IV, he has done a TOTAL turn around. I would say maybe calling the dr's and getting some IV's hooked up to her. My dad would NOT eat last week. Last night at the hospital he ate his food then asked if i would go to the cafe and get him 2 mushroom slices of pizza and he ate both! That is maybe my suggestion!

Hi Renee,

Thank you for all the kind words you have given me about my Mom. :D You are so sweet and my heart goes out to you and your Mom! Guess I was a big cry babey yesterday when they left but I will go out there and see them in 2 months!

As for your Mom, I think you should take her into the hospital. I agree with Katie. My Mom was in and out of the hospital for a solid month! It is the best place for her.. Sounds like her levels are off and that needs to be taken care off right away. All those minerals and blood are the essential fluids that make the body run and fight this thing. Take her in..

Please let us know how it goes...

Renee,

I am sorry to hear that your mom is in so much pain, when my husband was finally admitted to the hospital for bone mets and extreme pain they put him on a morphine pump that delivered pain meds directly into his veins. It took pain away that the oxycontin couldn't. I urge you to contact your mom's doctor right away, she may need to be admitted into the hospital until the pain is under control or maybe the Pain Management place can set you up with visiting nurses who can monitor a morphine pump at home. You can never bother your doctor's office enough after all suffering though pain should never be an option when there are so many ways to control it available. God Bless, you and your mom are in my thoughts.

Hi Renee,...I know how you feel and I'm sure you feel so much better that your mom is in the hospital, always trust your instincts, every since my dad got sick I seem to rely on instinct a lot...Some how we know when something just doesnt seem right... I'll be thinking of you so keep us posted......cathy

Mom will stay in the hospital tonight, all they know right now is that she has an infection. The doc. says that she doesn't have pneumonia, but they don't know were it is. Her temp was up to 100.4 when I left, my kids were getting home from school and I had to be here to get them off of the bus.

It's just mom and me, so I don't have anyone to watch the kids for me.

It's hard not being there to find out what's going on. I just have to wait untill she can call..... that could be hours.

Thank you so much for your support. I just can't seem to quit thinking that the end is near. I wish I could get that out of my head.... I can tell by looking at her that she is wore out. She seems to have gotten worse in the last few days.

I don't know what I would do without you all. Thanks again

Renee,

You've had your hands full and your heart stressed what with caring for your mom and your own family. Hopefully a night's rest for you and some time in the hospital for your mom will result in a brighter picture for you all. Saying a prayer.

Renee,

I'm glad you called the ambulance, you did the right thing. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery. Keep thinking positive thoughts :D

Faylene

Mom is really sick..... she has been running a fever and she has an infection.... as I understand it... it's in the lungs, but NOT pneumonia again. That's a relief.

I have taken care of all of the stuff that I never can get done this week... when mom is home, I never leave her so alot of stuff needed done. She called me this morning and sounded so much better.

Thank you all so much.... If you will remember, mom didn't even have a fever when I called the ambulance to come and get her. So thanks to you all giving me support and advice, I got her there early. That may have saved her life.!!!!!!

That's about all there is to tell y'all. Nothing much going on.. just a ton of antibiotics(SP?)

I should really learn how to spell...lol..

I am north east Kentucky, next to West Virginia and Ohio, on the Ohio river. We are the size of a small "zit" on the map, and in life.

Again, thanks!!

Renee,

I'm so glad to hear that your Mom is doing better. You are such a wonderful daughter and I'm so glad that you trusted your instincts and got her to the hospital. I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are and Mom are doing. I'm glad that you got some of the things that you needed to do done. It will relieve some of your stress not to have things pilling up on your "to do" list. I will continue to pray for you and your Mom. How many children do you have and what are there ages? Children are wonderful blessings.. and alot of work too, as I'm sure you know. Well Take care and please post to let us know how you and your Mom are doing. :D

Laurie

I have two children, a boy 6 and a girl 5. They are wonderful, but I feel so sorry for them sometimes. I get so frusterated and tired that I snap at them for the smallest things.

I always tell them that I'm sorry, I find myself saying that alot to them anymore. I try to do something special for them when I can. I don't have the time to spend with them that would like to, but I try to make what time I have nice for them.