Getting to Know You - August 1

Ann

Do you often "put your foot in your mouth?" If so, do you just leave it there or try and come up with some nice words to expxlain what you said and make it go away?

Hey...I seem to do this all the time and don't have a reason. I am one that usually just says what's on my mind and sometimes, I just don't stop and think who I'm talking to. Usually, I just leave the foot there and go on, rather than trying to explain what I meant to say.

Normally no. I was raised so darn strict on manners and political correctness. I've always thought about every word before it was uttered.

However lately I have been. I guess it is the anger, the grief, the exhaustion but I'm snapping at the people who are the most vulnerable and whom I'd normally least likely to hurt. So much so that lately I think I have both feet in my mouth at times.

And unfortunately I'm just to self focused right now to be apologetic. I am just hopeful that those who know and love me understand where the anger is coming from and will not take it to heart. I honestly know they will forgive me.

yeah, guilty for sure. I try to think before I speak, but it doesn't always work! Usually, though, it's not anything really important. When it is important I try to think it out first. Did you ever notice that the older you get, the less you care what you say? What is that??????

Joanie !